1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Farewell Clutch BBS....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kim, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Thanks for the memories.

This is my last post and after tomorrow, my last day on the bbs.
    As a few of you might know, I'm getting married soon. It's actually this Saturday. (If any of y'all are interested, you can check out the website here )

I've been thinking a lot about this, and have decided that in order to be a good, responsible husband, I cannot be the dedicated Rockets fan that I used to be anymore. And part of that dedication is following the BBS.

I joined up here in the Summer of 1998 on the old board before Pippen came. Since then, I've followed the Rockets along with the BBS community through the highs and the lows: Pippen coming and going, Barkley retiring, Dream moving on, the Francis trade, the Eddie Griffin trade, getting Yao, and now T-Mac's era. I honestly believe I've been as dedicated a Rockets fan as any over the past 13 years. When I lived in France, I traversed the cote d'Azure looking for a bar to watch Rockets games. I finally found a place that had an nba channel and was at the resto/bar at 11:am watching playoff tape delays. Other times, I was up at 4:am watching live broadcasts on cable at a friend's house while he was sleeping.

I've logged on to the BBS from different states and many different countries. And now my time has come to an end. In all honesty, I love this bbs. Even though I've only met a few of you guys, all of you feel like an extended family to me. I must have spent thousands of hours around here reading and debating and learning from things about religion, to politics, to science, and most importantly The Rockets and NBA basketball. I've enjoyed the stories, the scoops, the humor, and of course I've watched the BBS grow from just a few hundred people to the megasized community that it is today. Every day I read this bbs, even in the off-season. I'm also glad that I have been able to contribute to this community through opinions and discussion. I still remember scooping Pippen's first press conference after the trade from here and how that made the front page.

But alas, I realize that there are promises I'm about to make to a better person and to a higher power and that I must do my best in doing the right thing. And although Clutchfans has been a source of happiness for me for years, it is a selfish joy that I need to give up for a better purpose. Thank you all for the memories. Thank you Clutch, Jeff, Kagy and all the mods for this great site. Thank Nikestrand, Gator, and all you other capologists for the info. Thank you Popeye, where ever you are, and Doc Rocket for the scoops. Thanks to all the chat guys Uprising, Jeffster, DoD...i might be able to stop in occasionally next year in chat. Thanks to the old timers-Behad, Codell, HeyP, Batman, Riet, Manny...it was a pleasure to meet all of you guys, even if it was only once and very short. Thanks to all the posters i've agreed with or discussed with or argued with.

(And this is for real. I know I'll be tempted to log in everyday, so I'm going to change my password by typing some random keys without looking at the screen, and then copying and pasting it to confirm the change.)

So I bid you adieux and leave you with the immortal words of Al Bundy, though it is not how I feel, I've always wanted to say this:
    "Today...(echoing: today, today, today) I consider you the luckiest BBS on the face of the earth. I thank no one but myself. I am now retired. M V P!"

Go Rockets,
    Kim

#1 Kim, Jul 25, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Congratulations to you for getting married.

With regards to going cold turkey on the BBS, I have tried this before.

It is not possible :cool:.

3. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

We'll look forward to seeing you're new screename once basketball season starts and you just can't stand it anymore. :p

You can never leave. ;)

4. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Dude, too sudden. You need to at least post a few replies in this thread!

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Kim,

I enjoyed meeting you at the Smeg thing. That is great news you are getting married! I have always wondered how much I would have to give up if I found that right person. I know that your decision here was not an easy one. I wish you and your bride to be the best of luck for the future. :)

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Wait a minute, Kim is a GUY??? All this time I thought he/she was a chick! Damn I hope nobody noticed me laying on the charm in chat!! For some reason I always pictured you as a hot asian chick. I could have sworn you told me that one time. :eek:

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Oh, and btw just because you are getting married doesn't mean you have to give up the bbs. I got married and did the only logical thing, I got my wife addicted to it as well.

8. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

It doesn't mean your life is over just cause you are getting married... well, it does sorta... but....

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

So, the old lady told you that you had to give up either p*rn or clutchfans, right?

Kim, Kim, Kim...you need to learn to subtle art of cache eradication...

10. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Man...that was like reading a suicide letter. Is this board a source of evil? Is it a sin to post and lurk here? I understand if you feel compelled to throw the baby out with the bath water but jeez...this is not a sin filled bbs. (Go to bakermedia.com for that)

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You'll be back...they always come back.

Congrats Kim!! :)

12. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

1. I know you're reading this...so congrats. ;)
    2. See you in about a 3 weeks.

13. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

pussywhipped.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The BBS wants you to get married.
    The BBS wants you to have kids, start a family.
    The BBS owns you now.
    KIM: Are you saying my life is in danger?
    Lawyer Dude: I am saying that your life as you know it is over.
    We own you now and once you're here, you can't leave.
    Seriously, though, watch "The Firm". Congratulations.

15. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

You gotta do what you gotta do.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"I've been thinking a lot about this, and have decided that in order to be a good, responsible husband, I cannot be the dedicated Rockets fan that I used to be anymore. And part of that dedication is following the BBS."

Can I get a *rolleyes*?

~ Amen.

17. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

The BBS has you...

;)

Goodluck Kim

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why can't you be a good husband and a Rockets fan? If she is asking you to do this...she is EVIL !!!!

:D

DD

19. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

I will always be a dedicated Rockets fan...........ALWAYS

20. flamingmoe

flamingmoe Member

that is what I was thinking, how does being a rockets fan and visiting this site interfer with being a good husband?