1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fantasy Matchup] 2013 Miami Heat vs. 2011 Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vstexas09, Mar 6, 2013.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

So, last night, I'm in my apartment about to go to bed, and my roommate and his friend were making fun of the Rockets and how they're not a fun team to watch, and usual Dallas BS. They argued that in 2011, they essentially won 3 championships, because (get this), they swept Kobe, beat Durant, and ultimately beat the Heat.

I said that wouldn't be the case today. If today's Miami Heat played the 2011 Dallas Mavericks, the Miami Heat would totally win, and they argued about how that wouldn't happen. They both were getting so frustrated, making it seem like I was illogical with my choice.

Now, while the Mavs were good that year, it would be a fun matchup, but I think they play a Miami Heat team that's hell of a lot better than what it was then.

Here was my argument as to why the Heat would win.

Lebron is a more focused player now than he was then. That year they lost, during the series, Lebron stayed up reading articles and listening to all the trash talk. He took it for granted that he still was a basketball player and performed subpar, but realizing that he's in an opportune situation, Lebron is more focused, and it's made him a better player today. He's more efficient, in the sense that, he makes his shots when he needs to now. He can be more clutch now, than what he was before.

My friends were arguing that the Dallas zone defense that series was magnificent, and it was just Lebron couldn't play around it. I'm saying, yeah the D is good, but if Lebron today played that defense then, he would know how to dominate.

I'm sure it's all just a Dallas bias, because ask anyone, the 2013 Heat would beat the 2011 Mavs.

I'm not the only one that thinks this, right? My friend thinks only Houston people think this way.

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Your friends are idiots and you shouldn't talk to them.

Problem settled.

3. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

I stopped reading there. Everything said after that isn't relevant.

4. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

The Heat would win in 6. Zone defense won't be as effective against Lebron with his improved post offense, jumper, and spot up shooting(3rd-4th in the league in terms of ppp). Lebron was totally ineffective during that series not only due to choking. His jumper was not falling at all and he didn't have much of a post game and couldn't get out on transition much. Lebron's offensive skillset has improved a lot since then and he has been very good off the ball.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Get roommates who aren't from Dallas. Problem fixed.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Do people agree with me that Lebron is more focused now?

My friend was arguing that how can we see if someone is focused or not..

I'm like, dude, you can tell by how he performs if he's focused. He took coming to South Beach for granted. He made fun of Dirk being sick. He looked like he didn't take it seriously.

But now, because of his focus, he understands that at the root of it all, he's a basketball player, a competitor, and he needs to take care of what he needs to do first before joking around.

7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Lebron is actually putting up numbers in the 4th quarter . they would contain dirk. Heat in 5.

8. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

9. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Dallas fans are delusional. It's like arguing with a 5 year old.

10. AFS

AFS Member

Zone defense was effective against LeBron when he was mainly playing on the perimeter. The zone prevented him from being able to get into the paint and create defensive mistakes. Now that LeBron can dominate from the post, a zone defense won't be able to do much. They'd have to bring double teams and LeBron is good enough to find his open teammates.

11. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Dallas folks live in the past. You should chop there privates off while they sleep.

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

The Heat would beat the Mavs and the Cowgirls at the sport of their choosing.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The Heat would win in 5 or 6, it was a travesty how they lost the Mavs, which was really their series to win and for all intent and purpose, they could be looking at title #3, instead of title #2.