1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football Vent

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by MosKeemYao, Sep 2, 2013.

1. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Today a trade went through (by commish) its a $75 buy in 10 team league

Commish traded: Desean Jackson, Deandre Hopkins and $125 for Calvin Johnson and Matt Prater.

Am I wrong to be pissed off about this, I dislike this aspect of playing for cash because some people who do not have skill or just want to make a quick profit ruin it for those who truly want to beat people by skill and insight.

2. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

You shouldn't be allowed to include cash in trades. That's ridiculous.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yea including cash is bad business, especially in a money league.

That trade is do uneven its ridiculous.

But the guy traded his first rd pick for a free buy in and a $50 profit.

4. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

I almost feel anon money leagues are the only way to go, because when you know the people it makes it easier for this stuff to happen. It just leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Has anyone else experienced fantasy football douchebaggery

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah if that happened I would quit on the spot

6. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

already paid my 75 so hoping for injuries (albeit minor ones that only sideline calvin johnson for this year, so he can have a productive career afterwards... just not against the texans)

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I think that could count as collusion?

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You don't have any recourse (a league-wide vote, or veto, etc) where you can get it reversed? That's a BS trade any way you look at it, and including cash in the deal only makes it worse.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

lol just sell all your players. what an idiotic league

10. what

what Member

I play in nffc (national fantasy football championship) which doesn't allow trading at all. You should look into national contests because the only TRUE way to play FF is to outlaw trading, period.

Way back in the day I played in a league with a few guys and my brother and basically anything me and my brother did was grounds for cheating. I got sick of that kind of league quick. It's a terrible way to play ff.

11. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Hmm ill look into it sound interesting, also there is no vetoing under the premise that since its a money league people should be serious fantasy players and not make stupid moves.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If you're going to allow that kind of stuff there should be some sort of "tax" to the league pot. I'd say 25% from both sides. So basically that trade would have cost the initiator $156.25, with $31.25 going to the league pot as a tax (plus any transaction fees). And it would cost the other party in the trade $31.25 that would go to the league pot as well (plus any transaction fees).

That would cut down own that type of BS very quickly. AND help with growing the pot.

1 person likes this.
  13. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Man thats a great idea and as an accountant it tickles my feathers. Now to propose it. :)