1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football Collusion

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by dsnow23, Oct 21, 2012.

1. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

So, there is a husband and wife in my fantasy football league. Both of them are doing well this year, and the husband is in first place. They went head to head this week, and the wife left multiple roster spots open. It looks really bad. If it isn't collusion, it certainly looks like it. Any suggestions on how to handle it? I have already locked both of their rosters. Wagering is involved.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Is there a lot of money involved?

I personally don't like to see anything like that happening, but did she bench players and leave open spots intentionally -- or was it that she left players on a bye in her lineup? If she hasn't been playing very much and did the former, then yeah -- that's a big issue.

If you're the commish (which I assume since you locked their rosters), I'd email them both and ask for an explanation.

3. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

It's $75 per person. For some people in the league, it's nothing, and for others it means they don't have to worry about their electricity getting turned off.

The husband made a roster move this morning before the games started. So, it seems like he would have noticed she had players on a bye.

I have sent the husband and wife, and everyone else in the league a message and haven't heard back from either the husband or the wife. But, the other people in the league that I have heard back from are pissed.

4. jvu

jvu Member

call the cops and have them arrested

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Fantasy football is a sacred bond. Let them try and explain themselves, and if you smell a rat, squash it with a hammer.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I told my GF she might as well take a loss this week rather than drop any of her BYE week players to fill voids (she'd have to drop Ryan Mathews at best). Maybe it was that type of scenario? Sometimes you just have to take a loss for the long term good.

7. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I'd edit her starting lineup based on starting percentage or ownership percentage and decide who won based on that.

Even if she loses, those points mean something when it comes down to tie breakers at the end of the year.

Don't let this type of **** slide.