1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2018-19]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 2, 2018.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

While this is true, Jacksonville also had more passing attempts last year than the Rams and Texans. Elite defense = more offensive plays.

Of course, it also means if you've built a 2nd half lead, you are going to run the ball so negative game scripts will limit Cole's season-long upside a bit.

So I will be looking to start Cole in matchups where Jacksonville is not heavily favored, because he was very good to end the season last year.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

All the smart people I follow and listen to say avoid burkhead rn.

One thing is certain, when bell doesnt play, brown goes absolutely off. But another thing when bell is out, who ever is backup gets the full share of the workload. It's not necessarily 25 Carrys on average but still a full 15-20 carry workload.

Imo you have the right lineup, as I would bench juju and burkhead

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ajayi hasn't played a snap and its about to be the end of the 1st quarter. anyone got any info on this

The Stig likes this.
  4. The Stig

The Stig Member

Looks like he got the job done though. My butt was clenched too after reading those live threads.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

One thing that didn't improve was Sarkisian's play-calling and Matt Ryan's performance. Sure... weather/humidity may have been a small factor and definitely, the Eagle defense is really tough. But the play-calling was both daft and unimaginative and Ryan's throwing was off the mark and his passes reminded me of Billy Kilmer with a bad elbow.

Already worrying about waiting and picking Ryan. His SOS won't get much better... vs CAR, vs NO (but at least both at home). Glad I added Dalton to start Sunday, but looking at streaming the next two games (Keenum or Bortles next week, Bortles or even Tannehill the week after).

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

luckily he got those td's. he got out snapped by sproles and clement had his fair share of snaps. not sure why he sat out the entire 1st quarter though

7. The Stig

The Stig Member

Yeah, I saw that Sproles was given RZ chances but didn’t convert. Ajayi apparently was far away the best RB they’ve got and should be getting a larger share once he gets shake off the rust... hopefully.

Snap count: Ajayi 40% Sproles 40% Clement 18%

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

These offensive coordinators that have a long time to prep for games (like game 1 of a season) love to script things and get cute. It also probably was designed to help get Foles loose. It'll happen again. But not often.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think a contributor was that PHI was deeper in their own side of the field early on and the idea was that Sproles and Clement were better at stretching the field while Ajayi would be more in the red zone.

10. theimpossibles1

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

12. theimpossibles1

Just a heads up fantasy players, these little one line comments about how you hope x or y does or doesn't happen or you are glad x or y did or didn't happen make you seem kinda like a smug douche.

No offense. :)

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

couldn't really careless. I passed on Bell for many reasons. it just reinforces it for me:)

14. theimpossibles1

We are so proud of you!

It's a long season so you might not wanna suck yourself off just yet. Out of curiousity what # pick did you have, and who did you take instead? Also, what are these "many reasons" you speak of?

#254 theimpossibles1, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

#2 and rolling with a fresh DJ. the reasons have been posted on previous pages

17. theimpossibles1

Cool. We will have to revisit after the season. Also I added one more follow up question to my previous post if you wouldn't mind answering.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Despite Ajayi's great night, I would be disappointed if I had invested in him based on last night. With Sproles and Clement seeing time, his snap percentage was just 39%.

Doesn't bode well for the rest of the season IMO.

If I am an Ajayi owner right now, I would look to sell high.

YOLO likes this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

YAWN. Y'all know better than letting ONE game get to you. Things change CONSTANTLY. Sometimes you need to stick to your gut and ride things out. Ultimately it's about talent and opportunity.

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Jay Ajayi will be used more moving forward.
    "Jay was nursing a little bit of a lower body injury for a couple weeks and I just wanted to make sure he was good and get him into the flow of the game," Sep 7 - 2:21 PM

Y'all are overreacting and over-analyzing ONE game because it was the only game that was on.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It isn't just his workload I'm worried about, that offense looks terrible without Wentz and Jeffrey, both of whom are probably not returning until at least Week 5. If Foles keeps sucking it up out there, they will be behind in games and forced to throw it more, meaning a lot more Sproles on the field.

Ziggy likes this.