1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. The Stig

The Stig Member

Does James White have any value in Standard League? I'm contemplating on dropping him for a lotto ticket (James Conner since I have Foreman already).

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Standard non-PPR league

Michael Thomas (vs Vikings D)
    or
    Steffon Diggs (vs Saints "D")

Normally I would go with Thomas with Brees throwing the ball but I'm hesitating since he's probably going against Xavier Rhodes. Then I have to consider Diggs in an easy matchup. No idea if Bradford is going to be favoring Diggs early.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Tough call but I think Diggs is a good play here.

Young guy. Had some really explosive games this past year and NO does not have a good defense.

Do it.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Just traded Lamar Miller and Decker for Ajayi and couldn't be happier. I want nothing to do with Miller

The Stig likes this.
  5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

So reports are Jordan reed has been playing through a fractured big toe and will likely bother him all season. I was expecting big things from him this year predicting he would be the te1 of the league.

Something to pay attention to.

I have to find a potential starter in a league because I drafted him with no backup.

6. mulletman

mulletman Member

Since most of the good TEs are probably taken, try picking up Evan Engram, Hunter Henry, or Fleener. After this week, Cameron Brate may be worth looking at

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Weird week... so many stars struggled. I lucked out that Hunt and LA Rams DST did well enough to counter so many bad performances. As long as I get something tonight from Gordon, Fleener and Keenan Allen I should get a win.

I know its too early to panic, but I have RB strength (Gordon, Hunt, Coleman, Fat Rob, West). Depending on whether OBJ returns for week 2 or needs another week to recover from high ankle sprain, I need a WR. I can either drop my backup QB (Dalton, who crapped the bed) and gamble on Big Ben ROS but with so little on the QB waivers (Goff, Kizer, Siemian) I would rather drop a RB.

Some intriguing WRs on WW: Kenny Golladay, Corey Davis, and Cooper Kupp and also Richardson, Wright, Ginn, Coleman, and Goodwin. I bet Golladay, Davis, and Kupp get waiver claims due to injuries (ARob, White) and to get one I'd have to make a move this Tuesday. I could wait to get Richardson or the rest.

Too soon to make a move (drop Fat Rob, add Golladay/Davis/Kupp)? My WRs are OBJ, Keenan Allen, Alshon Jeffery, Kelvin Benjamin).

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Out of those listed I would think about Coleman. I think he ends up being a top 15 wr this season. He will have the targets and skill covered. The only question is the qb. the rookie took a step in the right direction yesterday though.

I have him and Sammy Watkins both on my team and I think they will get me through just fine waiting on TY Hilton... waiting on Luck to get back.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Did you mean Cooper not Coleman?

I feel like he's a must add especially in PPR formats.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Have David Johnson and Allen Robinson on the same team in one of my leagues. FML.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Drafted Allen Robinson in 6 leagues. I knew he was done as soon I saw him reach for it which was about 12:10 CST

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I drafted Kupp and Golladay in one league. When OBJ was ruled unlikely went with Kupp. Surprised both of them had an impact immediately but this is why you pay attention in preseason.

13. mulletman

mulletman Member

Need some advice for tonight -- I dropped my kicker earlier this week to pick up Jonathan Stewart (who was dropped by someone for some unknown reason). I thought he would be a good pickup to use as a trade asset.

But in order to win tonight, I need that kicker again (my choices are the kicker for MIN or the one for SD). So that means I have to drop 1 player from my team. My two options are: Randall Cobb or Jonathan Stewart.

Team scoring is standard, and we start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 1 Flex (WR or RB). My other RBs are McCoy, Montgomery, Crowell, Ingram, and West. My other WRs are Evans, Watkins, and Diggs. I cant drop Watkins because he started this week. I cant drop Diggs because that would mean getting a zero for that position.

Who would you drop - Cobb or Stewart?

Thanks!

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If it is PPR, I guess Stewart since he won't catch many balls and you have some depth. Weird that you can drop players who have already played.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

No I meant Coleman. He was the 1st receiver taken in the 2016 draft and was injured on a awful Browns team, with dreadful (and multiple) QB's throwing to him last year.

This year he is on a bad Browns team, healthy, and a below average QB throwing to him lol.

I think he is going to put up some very solid numbers though. Probably around 1100 yards and 10-12 touchdowns.

16. mulletman

mulletman Member

Thanks for the response.

It's non-ppr and you can drop players that haven't played as long as they didn't start for your team.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Oh you were talking about Corey Coleman, I thought you meant Cooper Kupp since he'd be on the wire more likely than Corey.

I actually have him in numerous of my leagues... as a late rounds sleeper target.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Moes, would you drop fat Rob for either Golladay or Corey Davis?

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Nah I was referring to newroxfan's post about the WR's on his leagues waiver wire. I would go with Coleman first, and Corey Davis second. Those other guys I would be more prone to saying those were outlier weeks. Especially Coleman and highly likely also Corey Davis will get the most targets on their team. And presumably have more talent based on their draft positions than the other players.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah I probably would.

NewRoxFan likes this.