1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Just made a big trade: Gave up Perine and Hogan for AJ Green and Bilal Powell.

I need help with my flex decision this week. 12 team standard scoring. I'm in good shape to make the playoffs, but can clinch with a win.

QB: Drew Brees
    RB: Leveon Bell, Devonta Freeman
    WR: Michael Thomas, AJ Green
    TE: Greg Olsen (might have to pick up a streamer if he can't go)
    Flex: Pick one of Bilal Powell vs KC, Nelson Agholor @ Sea, Kenny Stills vs. Den, or Lockett vs Phi
    D/ST: Jags
    K: Zuerlein

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Agholar would be who I'd choose (I am starting Jeffery). Hopefully it becomes a shootout like the HOU-SEA game.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Some more context to this:

Pick one of Bilal Powell vs KC, Nelson Agholor @ Sea, Kenny Stills vs. Den, or Lockett vs Phi

Basically the only way I can miss the playoffs is if four matchups go exactly one way and someone outscores me by like 20. I don't think this person's team is capable of putting up crazy numbers so I should set my line up for a high floor. So of those players, who do you think has the highest floor?

4. NewRoxFan

Perhaps others can add in. Cutler cleared protocol, so Moore will sit and Stills is no longer the favored WR at MIA. Besides, even though DEN defensive backs aren't as scary as last year, just as soon avoid them. Lockett is hit or miss... I'd prefer Richardson over him as a WR not named Baldwin. But I believe Wilson will need to throw to win, so Lockett would be my second choice after Agholar. I am not a big Bilal Powell fan (my league is standard)... isn't he coming back from an injury? So I guess I'd stick with my Agholar pick.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Thanks for your opinion. I will agonize between Stills and Agholor until the very end and pick the wrong player probably.

6. NewRoxFan

If it helps... I normally make the wrong choice. i dropped Tevin Coleman and immediately Freeman was hurt, and Coleman scored big the last two weeks. I dropped Big Ben and he immediately had his best two games in years. I started Darkwa over Doctson and Mixon and both had their highest scores of the season.

So whatever I say, do the opposite. :p

7. NewRoxFan

I was successful getting LAC dst (dropped DET) and Isaiah Crowell (dropped Parker). So now my RBs are Gordon, Hunt, Mixon, Crowell, and Darkwa. My WRs are Allen, Jeffery, Shepard, Doctson, and Davis.

With the WRs. should I improve by adding Richardson, Zay Jones, Goodwin, or Westbrook? And if so, drop who? Thanks!!

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook seems to trending the right way but I couldn't imagine a scenario where you would start him, Doctson or Davis in the next few weeks with your RB depth at flex.

9. CallMeTheDream

Definitely go with Agholor. With Sherm and Chancellor now out for the year he could have a big day.

10. CallMeTheDream

It’d be between Goodwin or Jones for me. You don’t really know what you’re getting yet with Garoppolo so I’d compare the schedules. Doesn’t look like the Corey Davis breakout will happen this season so that’s who I’d drop. I actually just dropped Davis for OJ Howard.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Alfred Morris, Jack Doyle, or Rex Burkhead in the flex this week?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesnt look like olsen will be playing this week

14. NewRoxFan

Who to start at Flex: Joe Mixon vs PIT on MNF? Josh Doctson vs DAL tonight? Sterling Shepard vs OAK? Or Isaiah Crowell vs LAC?

And who to start at TE: ASJ vs KC or Clay vs NE?

Thanks in advance!!

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

@rhino17 I'd go with Burkhead in PPR or Standard. Looks like he's back on top of the RB pile in Boston. EDIT: seems like Dion is the main man there. My bad. However, Burkhead is still the guy I go with since opportunities are there now.

@NewRoxFan I don't think the Davis train is going to materialise this season unfortunately. Not with Mariota completely off form. I think Zay Jones can be a good pickup but would temper expectations for him. Westbrook is already getting a lot of targets but is in a run first offense and we don't know which Bortles is showing up every week. I'd go with Jones in Standard and Westbrook in PPR.

@kevC I like Agholor like everyone else says. Gotta go with the guy on one of the hottest offenses at the moment. Can't trust boom/bust Lockett or a bad QB situation with Stills. Powell is a ???? to me. Not sure what's the deal with him is. No one is picking him up in my competitive league so I think something is off.

#775 The Stig, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

lewis is actually at the top of the rb in NE but burk has played a role

The Stig likes this.
  17. The Stig

The Stig Member

So my WR situation has gone from good to bad over the span of three weeks now where the points range for my 3 starting WRs is between 8 and 30. It's a mistake drafting PPR friendly WRs for Standard but gotta roll with what I got to get a good playoff seed.

Which 3 WRs and Flex should I start this week? I got this right now:

WR1/2/3: AJ Green (vs PIT), M.Sanu (v MIN), T.Hill (@ NYJ)
    Flex: A.Peterson (vs LAR)

Other options: G.Tate (@ BAL), L.Fitzgerald (vs LAR), A.Ekeler (vs CLE)

@NewRoxFan Tough choices there. I'd go: Doctson, Mixon, Crowell, Sheperd and my reasonings are below:

Sheperd: I like him but not sure anymore with Geno starting. Dunno who Geno likes to target either.
    Doctson: Think he's a decent play against a struggling Dallas team but I hate TNF games. Shouldn't be an excuse to not start him though.
    Mixon: finally made his mark last week and could ride the momentum into PIT. However, PIT has been very difficult for opposing RBs...but not multi-dimensional RBs apparently.
    Crowell: LAC has been leaky at the run but game script can go against him in a hurry. Bit of a risky play there.

Lastly, I'd go with ASJ due to more target shares and he's been unlucky the last couple weeks now.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

thanks. and yes. I hate Thursday night games... two straight for WAS (Cousins and Doctson for me). Not enough time to collect info. Plus the team's level of play is usually much worse and seems more injuries happen on Thursday night. As it is, I think DAL has played three times in 11 games.

What makes the choice harder is that lots of experts" recommend playing RBs at Flex due to heavier usage. And when you look at "Flex Rankings" Mixon is way higher. But I played a RB last week (Darkwa) and sat both Doctson and Mixon. Bad call on my part.

bTW< I would agree with your own start list. Those you are sitting face the toughest defenses though all your possibilities are facing tough defenses. Good luck!!

19. CallMeTheDream

Falcons and Vikings have a chance of being a shootout, but I’d go Tate over Sanu. Jimmy Smith will be following Marvin Jones all day so that should open up things for Tate.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Edit: I misread a report -- Cutler is back, but Stills is still a dart throw with him starting at QB -- personally i'd go with Agholor with the Eagles offense roaring.

#780 KingCheetah, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017