1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yikes. That was pathetic.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Nope.

3. NewRoxFan

I started Hunt, Gordon, and Darkwa at Flex. They totaled about 20 standard points. Mixon had 25.5.

Lost by 60 plus. He had Goff, Kamara, Gronk, Ertz, Kupp, Matt Bryant, oh... Antonio Brown too. Somehow I crushed him week 1. Seems so long ago.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, you ran into a buzzsaw. My teams are coming together at the right time. Although Coleman will prob take a backseat soon again. I drafted Gronk in the second or third round on about 5 teams so I hope he stays hot.

If deshaun wouldn't have gotten hurt a few of my teams would be unstoppable.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Should I trade Tom Brady for LeSean McCoy?

My current RBs suck after Ezekiel Elliott got suspended. I have Derrick Henry, Rod Smith, Jerrick McKinnon, and Doug Martin. My backup QB right now is Jared Goff. He's been playing better as the season goes on and I figure he could get me at least 18-22 points most weeks. That's all I need if McCoy could get me 10-15+ with the potential for way more.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Out of my options only Walker did anything really.

I now have a 9.5 point lead in 1/2ppr. He has Tucker and Andre Ellington. There is a chance Ellington doesn’t play or do much. I picked up Woodhead just in case he would try to himself. Plus my RB’s Blow and he may be worth starting over Ajayi anyways.

7. hvic

hvic Member

I would

8. hvic

hvic Member

I lost this week bc of crabtree. All I needed from him was 5 points to win

9. CallMeTheDream

Came so close to dropping Mixon a few times and almost traded him in a package deal for Bilal Powell. Still somehow managed to win by 10 this week with him and Marvin Jones benched who combined for 56 in PPR. Would anyone recommend starting Mixon vs Steelers on MNF? I’ve got arguably the strongest RB corp in my league with Gurley/ARI, Mcoy/NE, Mixon/PIT, Ingram/CAR, and Lewis/BUF. I’m leaning on benching Ingram after Kamara ran roughshod all over the Rams. I’m now tied for #1 in my division so it’s do or die.

10. NewRoxFan

Wow... tough to bench Gurley and Ingram... and McCoy. Do you get to play 2 RBs and a Flex?

11. CallMeTheDream

I play fantasy through the NFL Fantasy app. In my league they allow 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2 wrs, 1 TE, and 2 flex(wr/rb), kicker and def. So I’ll usually play 4 of 5 of my backs since my receivers are my weak spot.

12. NewRoxFan

OK, so you can and should lay Ingram, McCoy, Gurley for sure. The only question really is Mixon or Lewis. I'd be tempted to go Lewis... better matchup, and less risk.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Anyone planning on taking a flyer on Aaron Rodgers for weeks 15-16? Or on Josh Gordon (assuming both still on waivers)?

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

you need to get there first. and if you're desperate thats really the only logic for josh gordon who hasnt played football in 2 years

15. Scarface281

He looked good in the pre-season. Yeah it's preseason but Cleveland already says they will use him heavily on Sunday. If you're already in the playoffs then I'd take a flyer on him this week and play him at flex to see how he does.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

huh? i hope you dont mean just this past pre-season bc he was no where near the field

17. Scarface281

Last year

18. NewRoxFan

OK, a couple of more immediate questions (waivers tonight):

Keep Orleans Darkwa, or drop for Isaiah Crowell or Mike Davis?
    Drop Devante Parker for Paul Richardson, Zay Jones, Marquis Goodwin, or Dede Westbrook?

19. CallMeTheDream

I’m dropping Devante Parker for Josh Gordon but my waiver priority is 11/12 so I’m hopeful. Yes, you drop Parker for all those guys, he’s without a doubt been bust of the year, along with Jordan Reed.

20. NewRoxFan

Well, I have another WR to add to my drop list... along with dropping Orleans Darkwa, I can now drop Sterling Shepard. The Giants are a complete joke now...