1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Probably would look at Shep and Parker for guys who will get targets.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Just traded for Blount last week and offered him to every team in the league this morning after the ajayi trade. Bilal Powell owner accepted

3. JTQ

JTQ Member

Just got Drew Brees for Golden Tate and KC Defense ..... Goodbye ugly Cam Newton and cursed Matt Ryan :D

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Brees and Cam are virtually the same so far this season. Brees is clearly a better QB, but his team is also good at running for touchdowns. I wouldn't have made that trade but hey, maybe Brees gets hot 2nd half.

5. JTQ

JTQ Member

watched the Panthers TB game last weekend, Cam looked so terrible ... just heaving deep pass when there's plenty of checkdown... plenty of easily intercepted passes... just cannot fathom relying on him (and he just lost Benjamin to trade), TB is already the best team for QB.

Brees has always looked good and will have much higher base maybe lower ceiling than cam. He is just taking it easy (looking for the return of Snead) with the RBs torching so far, and I gave up basically nothing (Tate is like my 4th WR, and KC D is my 2nd D behind Baltimore)

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well ****, Golden Tate is your 4th? Thats a pretty nice luxury. I have missed out on a lot of good receivers this year. I seem to have picked all of the bad ones and lost a few more to injury or QB injury.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks. Grabbed Shepard for Doctson (and while I was at it, Darkwa for Lewis). Both help cover my two big bye weeks 9 (K Allen and Gordon) and 10 (Jeffery and Hunt). Looks like Kelvin Benjamin will play Thursday night (who needs to know plays? Just run down the field, stand tall in red/end zone). Shepard now play for Benjamin, or for Corey Davis at Flex. Darkwa now may play for Coleman at RB2, or at flex.

What are folks thoughts on Ameer Abdullah? I have Cousins who is now eating a roster spot, tried to offer a Cousins package (with a WR and RB) for Martin but owner won't move him at all, but would move Abdullah or Tarik Cohen. I know Abdullah's numbers are mediocre but he seems ranked high all the time. Cousins for Abdullah even worth a thought? Or better stashed in case Watson gets hurt?

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm ****ed for WR this week, too many on bye to even field a full roster. Lost out on all waiver wire WR claims. Who is someone I can gamble on this week (boom or bust type player) that may just pay off? I'm gonna need to gamble to win this week anyway.

9. NewRoxFan

I really like Robby Anderson if he is available. Folks may be focused on Paul Richardson this week since he scored two TDs, but Tyler Lockett gets more targets. If they are taken, perhaps one of the panther WRs that will replace Kelvin Benjamin (Curtis Samuels, Russell Shepard).

I am guessing Josh Doctson and Corey Davis have been taken...

rhino17 likes this.
  10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would also mention Dede Westbrook who was a prolific college receiver and looked great in preseason. He's due back off IR this week i think. There is a small chance he'll be getting targets right away, but his talent means opportunity is possible.

rhino17 likes this.
  11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Thanks guys

All of those mentions are unavailable except for the Panthers duo and westbrook, so I'll take a flyer on one of them

12. The Stig

The Stig Member

Got a deal on the table pending for next week. My AP and Carr for his Zeke and K.Allen. No brainer right? My QB is Matty Ice though.

My question: should I do the deal this week so he doesn’t back out? I’m playing the guy I’m trading this week which makes it a bit weird.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Why would you trade for Zeke? He won't be back until Week 15.

The Stig likes this.
  14. The Stig

The Stig Member

I feel like I’m in a good position to make playoffs and I like my team’s depth. I have depth across the board and my WRs are a bit weak right now (mainly Fitz and Tate). Using Coleman for my bye week filler. Here’s my roster if I pull the trade.

QB1: M.Ryan
    WR1/2/3: AJ Green, T.Hill, K.Allen
    RB1/2: M.Gordon, C.Hyde
    Flex: L.Fitzgerald
    TE: T.Kelce
    K: W.Lutz
    DST: Baltimore
    BN: E.Elliott, T.Coleman, G.Tate, Detroit DST, O.Darkwa, M.Sanu (forgot about him)

#574 The Stig, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

There's a chance Zeke will still get to play this week which would push his suspension up to Week 16, meaning he'd only be available for your title game (should you advance that far).

Be mindful of that. I don't really see much upside in this deal. I don't know how much Keenan Allen helps you when you already have Gordon at RB. WR/RB is a negative correlation.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He was my sneaky pick-up last week in my 14-team pay league.

17. NewRoxFan

Uh oh, now BUF GM saying Kelvin Benjamin is only 50/50 to play Thursday night. That, and Keenan Allen bye leaves me the following WR options: Shepard vs LAR, Jeffery vs DEN (shut down defense), and Corey Davis (first game back if he plays versus BAL). I also have Orleans Darkwa as my Flex.

So what should I do?
    1. Play Shepard/Jeffery/Darkwa and pray?
    2. Should I cut Darkwa and add Parker or Woods or Richardson or Lockett and play with Hunt and Coleman as RBs (Gordon also on bye)?
    3. Cut Cousins and add Parker or Woods?
    3. Trade Cousins for Ameer Abdullah (as RB4), Cut Darkwa, add Parker/Woods/Richardson/Lockett ?

kelvin trade caught me unprepared so appreciate any and all advice!

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

where did you see KB potentially being out?

19. NewRoxFan

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0717464571098439420-4

20. YOLO

YOLO Member