1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2017-18]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 9, 2017.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I just don't see anyone filling Olsen's shoes. He is essentially Cam's possession receiver. Dickson is speculative TE2 at best. Carolina offense looks woefully out of sync at the moment.

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Any chance Benjamin gets a few more targets, especially if in red zone? Deciding between Benjamin, Jeffery and Tevin Coleman as flex.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think they are looking like a poor offense again. I hope not since I have Benjamin myself, but they really need to run the ball better because Cam Newton is just not accurate enough right now to move the sticks with his arm.

They need to run the ball successfully to open up the field.

4. NewRoxFan

Curious if they have put too much focus on McCaffery. Noticed they even used him exclusively on goal line runs. You'd think Stewart would get those.

5. NewRoxFan

Still struggling on QB2 replacement (backup to Roethlisberger), dropping Dalton for either Cousins or Siemian. Cousins is clearly the better fantasy QB over Siemian (more yards, more TD possibilities), but Siemian's schedule is way better, both overall and lining up with Ben's road games and tougher home games. eg:

Week 4: Ben @ BAL, Siemian vs OAK, Cousins @ KC (advantage Siemian)
    Week 6: Ben @ KC, Siemian vs NYG, Cousins vs SF (advantage Cousins)
    Week 9: Ben bye, Siemian @ PHI, Cousins @ SEA (advantage Siemian)
    Week 13: Ben @ CIN, Siemian @ MIA, Cousins @ DAL (probably play Ben anyway)
    Week 14: Ben vs BAL, Siemian vs NYJ, Cousins @ LAC (even though home game, advantage Siemian)
    Week 15: Ben vs NE, Siemian @ IND, Cousins vs ARI (same)
    Week 16: Ben @ HOU, Siemian @ WAS, Cousins vs DEN (advantage Siemian).

So for most of Ben's road games and even tough home games, Siemian's schedule looks better (especially week 11-16) and Cousins' schedule looks tougher.

So, am I crazy to choose Siemian over Cousins? At the start of the season I'd choose Cousins (in fact, hoped to draft him QB1 but he went two picks before me so I settled for Ben). Is the QB2 more important to fill-in (Siemian is the choice) or as a possible overall replacement in case of injury (which probably favors Cousins). I am pretty sure Cousins will be snapped up (and possibly Siemian, based on his recent success) so I'd have to grab him in tonight's waivers (I am waiver #5, possibly two people ahead of me with QB concerns, but pretty sure at least one of two will fall to me).

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure where you're getting that. McCaffrey has yet to get a carry inside the 5 yard line this year

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd pickup Devin Funchess over Ed Dickson.

Not that any of the Panthers wideouts/running backs are worth owning at the moment.

8. NewRoxFan

I must have misread a tweet... perhaps it mentioned McC had gotten red zone receiving targets which would make more sense.

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Still won no thanks to Zeke, also played against Brady but Sanders & Gordon saved my ass.

Gotta do something about this QB situation I have in Tyrod Taylor & Jameis Winston, any suggestions? Should I wait it out? Waiver wire? Or trade for someone?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

McCaffrey had an easy end zone look on a simple flare and Cam fired it over his head. His inaccuracy is always maddening for fantasy purposes.

Stewart is still going to get the carries inside the 5.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Need more info... what options are on the wire and what targets would you have with what assets for a trade.

Tyrod seems droppable and if Alex Smith is still available I'd pick him up off the wire.

12. Obito

Yeah Alex Smith is available. So is Seiman, Bradford, Kizer, Brissett & Palmer.

I was thinking of trading for Wentz since the guy has Rodger & has a starting RB combo of Lacy & AP. I have Chris Thompson, Frank Gore & Burkhead available at RB.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I wouldn't overreact over "One game" from Jameis. His defense literally won the game single handedly for him.

Trading for a backup QB makes no sense at this time, especially when you have viable options on the wire plus a replaceable player on your roster.

I'd take a shot at Trevor or Alex, depending on your preference. One benefit that Trevor has over Alex is he doesn't have to face his own defense. Which is a huge advantage in that division.

#253 FLASH21, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Obito likes this.
  14. Obito

Thanks bro!

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I've got a tough one:

Christian McCafferey vs NO
    Martavis Bryant @ CHI

I currently have McC at my flex but I'm trying to find someone (or something) to talk me into playing Bryant over him.

The matchup this week is pretty important as its the top 2-0 teams in our division going head to head.

Edit: Disregard, I just got a trade accepted of Christian McCafferey & Buck Allen for Michael Thomas & Hunter Henry... dude is a huge Baltimore homer. :rolleyes:

Good? Bad?

#255 FLASH21, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  16. NewRoxFan

When push came to shove I ended up dropping Dalton for Kirk Cousins instead of Trevor Siemian. Someone else must have done the same thing I did (placed two waiver claims, since they added Siemian right after my claim). Hoping I am now better protected against a Ben injury and also hoping Cousins ramps up after his mediocre start as he has the past few seasons. Also switched back from Lutz to Prater.

So... now the question: Big Ben on road at Chicago (-7, 44 O/U, 27 implied total) or Cousins at home vs OAK (+3, 53 O/U, 25 implied total)?

17. The Stig

The Stig Member

@NewRoxFan I lean towards starting Cousins. I have in one of my league and while he has been off to a rocky start, this matchup is a potential shootout and think they're going to have to throw more.

Question: Standard League, trying to figure out who to start in Flex (1) this week. Who should I start?

J. White vs HOU
    L. Fitzgerald vs DAL
    J. Stewart vs NO
    R. Higgins @ IND
    K. Rudolph vs TB

NewRoxFan likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. NewRoxFan

All decent choices (you must have a very good team). I am afraid NE scores a lot against us but hard to predict just who (other than Gronk if he plays and Gillislee who took over Blounts role). I'd narrow it down to Stewart (easy defense) and "Hollywood" Higgins (again, easy defense) and if had to choose one I'd say Stewart.

The Stig likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Cousins vs Oakland

Or

Wentz vs NYG