1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

who should i start at qb?

prescott vs 49ers
    carr vs ravens
    alex smith vs steelers

10 team ppr

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

carr.....

Prescott doesn't throw TD's

Alex Smith is not to be trusted. I would try and pick up Blake Bortles if he's sitting in FA.

3. tmacfor35

WR
    Player A:6'4 240 4.32 low 40 time
    Player B 6'5 236 4.35 low 40 time

If you were guessing, player A is Terell Pryor.
    Player B was Calvin Johnson.

Pryor is a freak who will be getting number one targets. His yardage came from back shoulder throws and slants last game. Let's be clear, he is no Calvin but with equal opportunity you will see some Calvin like games. You need to play him against a suspect secondary.

He's going to be an absolute monster for next 4-5 weeks before Coleman gets back.

4. tmacfor35

I'm not going to make a internet bet with some troll named "YOLO".

I have no issue with sound logic but I want to point out that your reasoning for why a player isn't going to play well is because a guy whose been addicted to dope is going to come back after two years and take over. Hilarity.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Before week 1, Charles Woodson said that Pryor would get 1700+ yds.

6. tmacfor35

Yeah I saw that.

I'm sure guys around the league talk. They know he will be good.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly what i thought. something that has nothing to do with what is being talked about. Anyone can talk a big game but when push comes to shove, step up and act like at least you believe what you're spitting out. That's obviously not the case here.

And if you could read correctly you would see no where is it said that Pryor would not play well especially at the level he did last week just because of Gordon. Again I guess you just won't sit back and wait for the final results at the end of the year so I'll enjoy the freeman/pryor commentary weekly at your low level.

8. tmacfor35

3 leagues. 9-0 on the year. Won 2 of 3 last year as well.

I'm trying to help a few people out. That's all it comes down too.

There's a strategy to the madness that is FF.

If your going to interject and say my advice is bad(which I have no problem with), please give me a good reason other than "let's make a bet blah blah blah."

Give me a real reason why Devonta Freeman is not a good option... Or a legit reason Terell Pryor is someone you should trade now instead of 5 weeks from now when Coleman comes back.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol at posting your record. you're trophy case wouldn't even come close to mine and all the leagues I've been in. We're all trying to help others on the board here not just you. We can disagree with your claims if we want to.

You might want to go back and refresh your memory on this whole conversation and who started the your advice is bad claims. You failed to see the objectivity in my original comments about treading carefully with expectations which makes sense because from the sounds of it you didn't read everything thoroughly

10. vstexas09

10 team ppr

who to start on d/st?

titans d vs houston
    chiefs d vs steelers

11. tmacfor35

Titans. 3td's three games for Texans.

Brock has been a pick machine and Titans O will control TOP.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

DeAndre Hopkins feasts on Titan DBs no matter who is throwing the ball.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The thing is... to be a great WR, you have to be an actual good receiver. It's not a position you just stick an athlete in. Speed and size don't even matter that much, they're just factors. You're either good at it or you aren't.

YOLO likes this.
  14. tmacfor35

Titans D has been playing well by keeping people out of endzone.

Steelers just got Bell back who is top 3 RB in league to go with Antonio Brown. He will probably eat Peters alive.

15. tmacfor35

As I mentioned he is no Calvin, but if you watch his first three games, he is running good routes and getting heavy targets.

When he gets the ball in space he eats yards. He's got elite potential.

On top of Cleveland who ran an option offense with Pryor in goal line situations. I think he's a great WR2.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He has chance. CLE just has such a low floor on offense. Gordon had a great year so he got the benefit of the doubt in drafts. Pryor will have to prove it before he gets any FF love. The swiss army knife players always intrigue me so I have a couple of shares.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Texans opened as 7 point home favorites which implies a blowout, but the line total has shifted down to -4.5 and the O/U is the lowest of Week 4, so it looks like public confidence in the Texans O is shaken based on recency bias. They are coming off 10 days rest and will be facing a Titans team that isn't in a position to threaten them offensively.

I think the Texans will win this game, but I'm not confident the Titans will hold them under 22 points. This is the kind of Texans game that is their mantra: get slapped around by the big boys, take it out on the little brothers in the division. I'm predicting a big day for Hopkins and Miller will find the end zone for the first time.

18. tmacfor35

I could absolutely see that happening. I just don't think we played a good defense and still got shut out.

The Patriots decided to drop 7/8 back with double high coverage and let Brock try and pick apart coverage. That was a blueprint on how to beat our offense.

If we can't run against 3 and 4 man fronts with dime coverage we are going to be awful. Offensive ineptitude is 100% to do with our run blocking.

And the Titans have a good D-line.
    Spells trouble.

19. vstexas09

asking again, because the colts and jaguars d/st is available as well?

are either of those better options than the chiefs or titans? i'm playing bortles this week as well..

is siemian a better option than carr or prescott?

10 team ppr

#479 vstexas09, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

First off, as a new FF player I really appreciate all of the insights and recommendations shared on this forum.

re: Pryor, its a perfect week for me to gamble, as I have Blount, Gordon, Rivers, Hilton all with good matchups. And the team I am playing isn't expected to do well, so I am favored this week. I am sitting better WRs (Shepard, Williams) and WRs with good matchups (Williams, Wallace) but I should be safe. If he is "Slash2"... how did the original "Slash" do in fantasy football?

re: Texans, I sure hope Miller has that breakout game. I am playing him along with Gordon as RB2 and Blount as Flex. But with the high draft picks the texans spent on OL (injured Martin, Sua Filo two years ago...) its frustrating the OL is so bad.