1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fans of Larry Sanders... you can now watch Hasheem Thabeet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Mar 2, 2011.

1. thething

thething Contributing Member

He was a projected lottery pick. Those guys tend to be a good bet when picked in the second round.

Other examples: Dejuan Blair and Rashard Lewis

2. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

lol...

#2 in Block%
    #9 in Offensive RB%
    #11 in Total RB%
    #1 in FG%
    and the most impressive of all:
    #3 in TS% despite shooting 44% on FTs.

He's weaknesses are FTs and fouls, as is the case with most young big men.

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Do you think of morey threw out a high offer for Jordan we could get him ...say 7 -8 mil a year more than mle and the maximum we could offer a free agent ...

That clippers would match?

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

A change of scenery is going to help Thabeet in houston. You don't average 11 boards and 4+ tap outs in the big east and say the kid can't play, those are not flukie stats, plus he improved every year. He was obviously drafted to high and tremendous pressure was placed on him for being the 2nd pick in the draft. I think Thabeet being in houston is going to come back and haunt the Memphis organization in the years to come.

5. megastahr

Daryl isn't even optimistic about him

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Where'd he say that? I'm not optimistic on him, and I wouldn't blame him for thinking that, but where would he actually say that to the media?

7. megastahr

It was on the radio...can't remember the exact phrase but something like the tone I'n his voice when he answered a question about his future with the rockets....

It was like well see...he's got a lot of work ahead of him. If he can realize what he is and concentrate on those areas and not try to do to much ...then maybe he can contribute... It was literally something like that.

Not very confedent ...which surprised me cause i thought he'd be trying to talk him up for trade at the draft

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Small sample size, plus Memphis is trying to really win this year. So no development and that sort of stuff, which a player like Thabeet really needs if does anything.

Neither am I, and I started this thread. It's just funny to me how people on this board keep blasting Morey for not taking the "P" guy all the time. It's because you have players like Thabeet.

To give people the full extent of Sanders' offensive deficiency, he make 41% of close range shots. Think for a minute how horrible that is. For reference, Thabeet made 58% from close range last year. At least Thabeet knows how to make 3 footers. If Thabeet has zero range and zero offensive skills, Sanders has NEGATIVE range and NEGATIVE offensive skills. His offensive win share is actually a negative number. The guy makes all the tall stiffs in the history of the NBA look like Hakeem compared to him on offense.

9. jrett121

jrett121 Member

for some reason i thought this thread was about the Larry Sanders Show with Garry Shandling, but was disappointed. I would love to see Thabeet host a late-night talk show.

10. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

a

Hey now!

11. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Thabeet can't be better than this guy.

[​IMG]

Is there a laugh efficiency rating we can use to compare these guys?

12. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh... he doesn't have less potential that Sanders and Whiteside. I think he has far more potential. He can be a defensive horse... the real question is how likely is he to fulfill his potential.

His size and body is better than either of those guys.

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

it hurts us the most though because deandre jordan was born and raised in our own backyard, and passed on yet another potential hometown talent in favor of another bum.

14. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

I don't know if anyway has been following the bucks lately, but sanders has been really good in the starting lineup. I can't pull up any stats because i'm on my phone but i think he has been pretty productive

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Thabeet hasn't played enough this season to even establish a reliable sample.

Heck he barely did last year but it was still well over double the minutes he's played this season.

Also, people were already calling him a bust last season, although I never could figure out why, since his per-minute numbers were very respectable for a rookie big man.

16. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

And Terrence Morris + Chris Porter :grin:

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Both players are extremely raw, Thabeet more so.

Thabeet has the height. Sanders has the athleticism. Let's wait and see how they turn out.

Oh, yeah, and Patterson is by far better.