1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fanhouse] Scola in trade for Melo, maybe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, Sep 23, 2010.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thats what im hoping for. id love to watch the knicks lose all season :grin:

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would be awesome If the Knicks sucked next year, but they won't be bad.

Raymond Felton
    Wilson Chandler
    Danilo Gallinari
    Amare Stoudamire
    Ronny Turiaf
    -----------------------
    Anthony Randolph
    Toney Douglas

Is not bad at all. They will be in the mix for 6-8...

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

They are an Amare injury away from being a lottery team.

And Amare's knees are a ticking time bomb.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope you are right! What is it next year? Top 1 protected?

Minus his unlucky eyeball injury, he has missed 3 games in the last 4 years...

His eyes, not his knee, has been the trouble...

5. ededdeddie

ededdeddie Member

6. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

frustrating.. part of me wants battier to be included in this deal so that cbud can get some more PT.. maybe adding battier can get us another pf??

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

8. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Don't worry guys. We can always find Juwan Howard to be our starting 4.

9. thefinalchapter

Morey needs to give Denver what they want right now?

It has come to my attention that some of my fellow clutchfaners are insisting that Morey not trade Luis Scola to Denver for perhaps a top 10 player in the league. Keep in mind that Scola is already 30 years old and we will be paying him big money until he is 35. Morey was able to land Patrick Patterson( who some have compared to Buck Williams). And we are basically giving up 3 potential first round draft picks, Jordan Hill, Luis Scola, Jeffries, and Battier for Carmelo Anthony and perhaps Nene or Birdman.

Listen I love Luis and he is my second favorite player to watch on the team behind Chase. But the fact that Scola is 30 and not 22 or 23. It makes me less worried at the thought of trading him. People need to understand that Scola is really an average player with great post skills. Have you people forgot that we just drafted Patterson, and Jack Sikma will have him ready in no time, and you will hardly miss Scola.

If this is what Denver wants than so be it, Morey needs to get this done, before those other like the Nets, and Bulls think about including Noah or Favors.

here is the link of the reports of Denver wanting Scola instead of Martin
    Potential Lineup for the 2010/2011 NBA Season

PG- Aaron Brooks/ Kyle Lowry
    SG- Kevin Martin/ Courtney lee
    SF- Carmelo Anthony/ Chase Budinger
    PF- Patrick Patterson/ Chuck Hayes
    C- Yao Ming/ Brad Miller

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

why couldnt this go in the Scola thread? You missed the whole point anyway, it's not what Denver officially wants.

11. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Scola can't be traded until Dec 15th even if he wanted to. A good GM doesn't just give into the demands of the other teams while working on a deal.

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Absolutely not! I love Melo to be here. But, he is not Kobe or Durant after all.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Durant is good but c'mon. When he gets a team out the first round he'll be put on that level. He's been great but he still has lots to prove in the NBA playoff wise.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

If Durant was on the market right now, I bet you all teams would be willing to do anything to acquire him...

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So ignore the fact that Luis can't be traded until, I believe, December 15th, then say it doesn't matter because we have a rookie we can plug into the spot that a former NBA center is going to have ready for the role, and you think that's going to fly? Have you completely forgotten what a wasteland for years the 4 spot was for the Rockets until we got Luis? That Scola was considered good enough by Morey to allow the Landry/Martin/etc. trade? That he was essentially a 20/10 PF after getting the minutes, post trade?

Do you really think very good power forwards grow on trees? Under a bush? Are given to us by benevolent aliens? I don't think you're close to the final chapter. You need to get past the prelude, first.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

sounds like sure thing, eventually...utah has really dont a good job of covering the loss of boozer and "rebuilding" the team.