1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fanhouse] Scola in trade for Melo, maybe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, Sep 23, 2010.

1. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

personally... I think losing Scola and picking up Carmelo would be a wash. Rockets probably losing a little. Would love to have the scoring but not enough to lose Scola. Especially with Yao coming back and our new players.

2. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

you sir, are crazy...

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Absolutely no way. Scola has to remain a Rocket.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Losing Scola would be almost as bad as losing Martin or Brooks. No thanks.

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

No way! Screw that! If I was DM the GM, I'd refuse that offer before it was even tabled. It would be better to stand pat and start Battier and Scola than to trade Scola and start Anthony and Hayes/Hill/Patterson/Jeffries.

6. Bleedin_RED86

Bleedin_RED86 Member

NOT SCOLA !!!!!!!!

7. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

Agreed. everyone needs a big man, but without guards you are screwed. Luis is 30. Melo is 26. End of discussion. Btw he can't be traded by the December so its not happening. Melo is by far the best player anyways. I personallly think we are interested but we are just making sure the Knicks dont have enough to make the move by driving up the price. If New York pulls off the move, then the Morey "jack of all trades" with the T-Mac deal looks less like the robbery that it is. Anyone with a brain would do what Morey is doing. Good thing for us, Morey has 12 brains and is thinking much farther ahead than any of us mere mortals would ever dream of. Don't know if this will work, but I'll try anyways. (Cues Morey picture)

8. albuster

albuster Member

No no no (With finger wagging)... D. Mutombo

9. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

The prevailing wisdom seems to be that NY getting Melo automatically makes them a playoff team. I'm sorry, a Nashless Stoudemire and Billupsless Melo don't amount to much, even in the east. Minus Randolph and/or Gallinari, even a big two scenario in NY doesn't guarantee playoffs.

Knicks are a lottery team this year under any foreseeable circumstances, as I don't think they could land Paul til next year at best. They wouldn't have anything left after a Melo deal.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you can get Carmelo for any one player on the Rockets, you do it.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that seems to be what people are discussing, yet the writer's proposal was a deal built around Scola, not a straight swap.

Can we stop mentioning the December date? It means he can't be traded until then, not that he can't be traded ever. Some posters are acting like this trade will only happen before december, but it doesnt have to. This could easily drag through the rest of the year and take place after the december date.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

You can't give up Scola for Carmelo Anthony if the team is really serious about winning in the Yao Era.

LOL are you kidding me? Scola is the best player on the rockets right now, IMHO no one can stop him except the Pau Gasols of the league. Him and a healthy Yao Ming will make this team unstoppable. Trade him to the Nuggets and we'll see them eliminate us in the playoffs.

13. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

It is in Denver's best interest to move now, you don't know how teams situations will change as the deadline approaches. That being said, Denver is looking to make a move now and more than likely something will happen before the season. They don't want this situation to linger.

Personally, I'd rather trade Martin than Scola. We could fill that lost much easier than the lost we would have if we lost Scola at PF. Hill and Patterson are not what we need at PF and big men are hard too come by. But yes I believe you are right, Scola can't be traded Untill December 15th. Don't think this is a option more would consider.

14. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

can we lock this dumb thread up......Scola cannot be traded til Dec

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

No way you trade Scola.

I'd trade Yao before him.

Besides, I think the whole point of Melo interested in Houston in the first place is because of our frontcourt. He's sick and tired of playing for a mediocre one in Denver as is.

The only untouchables for us to trade with Melo should be Yao and Scola.

I would trade Martin or Brooks, but not both for Melo.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lmao.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's useless, lol. Good try! ;)

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am getting so sick of all this speculation; before the off season is mercifully over, every person on the team will have been traded for Melo. I don't even want the guy. He is not really a character-fit for this team.

20. MightyMog

MightyMog Member