1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FanHouse] Rockets interested in Cousins... and Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mooch, Dec 1, 2010.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

WATCH THE GAMES!!

Landry is NOT the same player.

I've watched about 8 Sacramento games this year including last nights where Carl got into foul trouble in the first quarter. He still can't rebound efficiently and his shot is OFF.

His mid range jumper is not falling and his free throws are horrible.

2. huynhct

huynhct Member

haha.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I've seen the games. He still has a post up game. That team is full of ball hogs and he doesn't get enough toches.

Have you watched Jordan Hill? He's good for 15 minutes then his lack of knowledge forces him off the court.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I loved what Landry gave us and his positive attitude, but I am unsure about this one. Hill doesn't seem to have a bad attitude (even though he doesn't seem to have the contagious fire Landry displayed), and he is much taller and most probably a better rebounder. I think his ceiling is probably higher.

I wouldn't mind having both :).

5. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

How many power forwards can the Rockets play? Four PFs and point guard? Does anybody else see the head case comparison of Cousins with Eddie Curry?

Why not pursue Hassan Whiteside instead of Cousins? In three years at least he still will be in the league.

6. AggieRocketsFan

That is why I mentioned that he will be starter material when he learns not to foul so much.

Landry had a problem with staying on the court due to foul trouble if you do not remember. It was a bigger problem in his 1st and 2nd years but Hill is only in his 2nd year as well. At least Hill is able to block and rebound, Landry not so much.

Part of the reason why they say the 3rd year is usually when big men break out.

7. Mr. Space City

cousins is a thug therefore most clutchfans posters would not want him here.

8. Mr. Clutch

Hill is definitely the better rebounder and defender. My question about him is if he can ever become a polished NBA player, he's still very raw.

9. Mr. Clutch

Demarcus Thugins?

10. ThaShark316_28

I seriously did this reading this: (joyful type expression)

[​IMG]

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I imagine it's going to take a combo of Brooks and Scola for Cousins...I'd do it. This team as it is built is going nowhere fast.

12. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

So that would mean that we gave up a 22 mil expiring contract for ny picks that can't be swapped...

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I like it. Blow it up. We have to get more back even it that's just Landry. I'd love to get Casspi off their hands.

14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

...and Jordan Hill
    ...and a 2012 first round pick with limited (top-5) protection

Oh, yeah, and one of the league's top 10 scorers.

But other than that, you're right. They got nothing.

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Any move involving Cousins would cost us a next years 1st rd pick, as Clutch pointed out earlier, along with AB and probably Bud, Hill or Taylor. I'd do it but I can see why some wouldn't be so high on it.

16. AggieRocketsFan

Playing Hill next to Cousins seems very attractive for the future.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, this also means we can start Hill and Cousins and just roll with what we have. Let the young guys play and see what they are about.

Maybe we'll be lucky enough to draft Irving if that happens to go with those guys and now you are suddenly talking about a exciting young Houston team.

18. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Strange as it may sound, I can actually see us trading Scola to Sacramento for Cousins. There would have to be other pieces to the deal. But I can see us moving out Scola for a player of Cousins' potential.

19. IceMan

IceMan Member

Sacramento Kings fans could post the same about us. please explain how Sacramento just gives us talent, which this implies. In each deal, we have given them quite a bit.

20. BZ-B

BZ-B Member

Personally, I would much rather have Hill than Landry right now.