1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FanHouse] Rockets interested in Cousins... and Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mooch, Dec 1, 2010.

1. passdarock

passdarock Member

I'm all for Cousins and Melo coming to Houston.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

At this point Hill is = to Landry on this team and at least Hill can block shots and Rebound.

Landry can't even make his jumpers BTW.

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Yeah, these clowns get their "breaking information" regarding the Rockets from ClutchFans.

They're toying with us -- they juice up ClutchFans gibberish and post to FanHouse knowing that one of us will see the link, pop a woody, and post to the BBS. We're essentially advertising their BS site.

1 person likes this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

ROFL! pretty much...

....now prepare for 100 page thread! :eek: :grin:

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

LOL :grin:

When you are not talking about rape and gay sex, you are pretty funny.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

the dunk

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ZGMolLGsBc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9ZGMolLGsBc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

then a view from the fans

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcnTjeecMpw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcnTjeecMpw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Yeah... No. Give me Landry any day over Hill.

Plus, Adelman will play Landry. He won't play Hill.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I agree with that, and I agree with DD's post that they just read these forums here and make stuff up.

9. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

You must be on crack. Comparing Dwight to Carl. And yes, you were comparing.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That the Rockets have interest in DeMarcus Cousins (or Carmelo for that matter) is old news. We've known this. You're right -- we've been talking about it on ClutchFans for months.

But if Sam Amick, who knows the Kings well, cites a source to say there is "significant interest" by the Rockets to bring back Carl Landry, I think that is thread-worthy.

Personally, I don't know how significant it would be. They did not have a good relationship with his agent. He's a free agent due bigger $$. He doesn't solve any of their "size" issues.

Playing along though, if they brought back Landry, I can't tell which player it's the worst sign for. The obvious choice is Patrick Patterson since they are similar in size, athleticism. If it's a Scola-Landry pairing they want, then it clearly hurts Hill. But Scolandry is offense-offense... different styles, but still a scoring duo. Just makes you wonder if Scola would get dealt.

Personally I think the Rockets aim for a "bigger" player, which is one of the primary reasons they like Cousins so much.

/speculation

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So, 100 page thread it is!

I guess It's a Luis for Cousins swap.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Knowing what you know about Cousins history and antics with the Kings this year, would you still be willing to trade for him and roll the dice on developing him?

13. AggieRocketsFan

Ish
    Lee
    Iggy
    Patterson
    Cousins

We will be a defensive team again some day... :p

14. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

id love it!!!! except i would prefer to keep AB somehow..and give them others.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Personally yes I would (and I've had some disagreements with friends on this)... his size and skillset are tempting. I would hope he has some "slide to center" ability, but he's not a great leaper I don't think and weight can be an issue.

I do agree though that he's looking a little scary. He went into the draft with red flags about his temper and inability to get along with coaches (which is why he dropped to #5), and I'm blown away he's already had a couple of spats with his coaches. You would think he'd be going out of his way to avoid that, which makes you wonder how teachable he is. He's very young and you hope he matures, but that has to concern you.

If I could get him though, I would do it. Say, for argument's sake, the Rockets land the #5 or #6 pick in the 2011 draft ... given the talent pool we expect in this draft, will that player have more potential than Cousins?

That said, I doubt the Kings move Cousins, and it has nothing to do with Amick's article. We talked about this last night on the radio show... the fans in Sacramento loved that pick. It would be like the Rockets dumping Eddie Griffin in 2001 a month into his rookie year. We all had such ridiculously high hopes and weren't giving that up.

16. AggieRocketsFan

I'd go with Hill over Landry all day every day! Once Hill learns to not foul so much he will be starter material.

Per 36 stats this year:

Landry
    17/7/1
    48% FG
    66% FT
    .3 blk

Hill
    15/10/.3
    54% FG
    77% FT
    1.6 blk

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

It's hard to imagine Scola playing for anyone other than the Rockets, but for some strange reason, the Kings seem like a good fit for him.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Landry over Hill all day. What you are forgetting is that Hill can't stay on the court for more than 18 minutes.

Landry gives us a shot creator we are sorely missing.

19. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

This will be like 07-08 where we had a ridiculous number of pg except this time around it'll be with forwards

07-08
    Mike Jones
    Alston
    Brooks
    Jackson

IF THE TRADE GOES DOWN:
    Landry
    Cousins
    Scola
    Hill
    Patterson

Thats saying if we retained our said power forwards and only traded Bud and Brooks(I'd hate to see Brooks go though )

Also, cousins IS trouble hes young and arrogant and we need to win (unless we plan to tank) rather than waste time playing disciplinarian which I dont think Adelman is

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It kind of makes sense. Landry creates for himself. Sac already has creators with Tyreke and Cousins. Scola is a better of-the-ball player and he is better at rebounding, so he can clean up all the bricks Tyreke throws up.