1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FALSE] I heard what Tracy's problem was.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sjackson0, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Let's just say that if this is true, his fiancee will be a pariah in the city of Houston for many, many years to come.

2. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

And of all players, it's Tmac. Oh well, it's still just a rumor.

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

If his fiance did in fact do this, man, I would be more understanding of T-Mac's current woes. That must be incredibly hard to accept if T-Mac's baby boy isn't his.

4. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

He seems to care for him SO MUCH

5. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

oh god..i shoulda posted this sooner. i predicted t-macs fiancee was cheating on him and nate would win the slam dunk contest. its just very obvious. since i kept my mouth shut...i cant tell anyone i told u so -_-

6. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

If true it can be devastating... if someone trusts and loves and is innocent and then betrayed to the heart....

wow I've seen people who shut down, can't sleep at night, feel so emotionally drained...

Don't know Tracy at all but if he is somewhat sincere and good at heart he must be feeling trainwrecked inside and also fighting some bad emotions- quitting, giving up, deadness, hurt, anger, pain on and on...

TMac take off, get your life, heart and head clear, re-focus and come back and win us some games

Houston is behind you.

7. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Lets hope the baby boy is loved for who he is and who he becomes...he had no part in any of this.

8. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Man, a five-star thread? I guess we all like dramas.

9. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

WHA? :confused:

Way to make an illogical leap or use this as a place to preach. This crap happens in marriages and outside of marriages all of the time, sadly.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If true, this would make Tracy's depression very understandable.

It would turn your world topsy-turvy. You think of yourself as a proud father; you have a young family of your own; and that gets nuked.

Now you believe the child isn't yours, but you've been loving that child as yours.

The love and trust you had with your other half? Obliterated. Completely.

Obviously, this isn't the sort of thing you just shake off, either. This will dog his steps for awhile.

If it's all true.

11. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

what an odd problem. I wonder how cb4 helped out?

12. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

True it does, but the point is still there. Family is such an important thing, and part of the reason this sort of thing happens is because a family was started without a marital foundation to base it on. I'm not trying to say T-Mac's at fault or anything ... I really feel for him, that's one of the worst things that could happen to anyone. But it does seem like putting the cart before the horse contributed to this.

13. caphorns

caphorns Member

. . . unless she was cheating with a midget

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I don't know about that. Looking at Tmac's baby I see why he is so upset.

[​IMG]

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

If there is any truth to this, who wouldn't be depressed. Bummer!

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No, it's not. Death is tragic, but it is not the fault of the grieving person unless a homicide is involved. Infidelity is directed straight at the spouse- you know, why would she do this if she truly loved me, what did I do wrong, etc. It directs blame at you, unlike a death (for the most part).

And this makes sense why McGrady would mention this in the press. A very natural reaction to this is making the cheating party feel guilty as sin. You want them to feel as bad or worse than you do. Doesn't excuse him for making things public that should be private, but it is understandable.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

ok i know this is messed up but it still made me laugh sorry i know i am going to hell for it

18. langal

langal Contributing Member

I guess TMac should have played the second half of that game.

19. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Wow! I was just guessing around in another thread and said that it's not the health of a family member that's dragging T-Mac down like this, because he has dealt with that numerous times in the past and has come back and played strong, and just dealt with it in the process like a strong person would. I admired him in the past for being this strong under trying circumstances. It was clear as day for me that it wasn't the usual annual death that's taking a toll on him, and he even said once in the media that "this is much worse, I am used to people dying around me".

Also, the whole thing about why is this so shrouded in secrecy if it's just the health of a friend or relative? There's no reason to be secretive about that, and the only reason to be so secretive is if T-Mac doesn't want public embarassment because of relationship problems or paternity issues or something serious like that that must be handled behind closed doors.

This must be very tough to handle for him, it could absolutely tear your heart if you were in a relationship and a committed father and partner and then see betrayal. Just wow!

Anyways, for his own sake and not the Rockets', I hope McGrady can handle this first and take whatever amount of time he needs to deal with this and put it behind him. It's not like the season is on the brink or anything like that, this season is already in the toilet and nothing good will come out of it.

Man, tough luck T-Mac, good luck with everything, family life comes before basketball or your job no matter what, the man has his priorities straight.

20. swu

swu Contributing Member

Can anyone post a picture of the baby and the parents together? I thought they looked alike a lot.. :confused: but who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.