1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

False Equivalence: 74% of Political Killings By Right Wing Extremists Since 2007

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gifford1967, Aug 16, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, they don't necessarily have to think whites are the supreme race, but they are excusing acts from people that do and seek to carry out a white nationalist agenda.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

own it

just a few posts up from me:

Truth is, Nazis and white supremacists in this country are very broke, disorganized, and small in numbers. If anything, the left are the ones helping them most by giving attention to their small, pathetic group. Charlotteville was a great success for them because of this. Next time they want to group up and yell just ignore them.

Can you point to a post where i defend right wing extremism?

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You know.. you are right. I created the study myself just to victimize right wing extremists. Look at me with my bias towards right wing extremists. How dare I. They are so poorly victimized in our society and deserve better, more fair studys to show they are just a little bit terrible instead of full on cancers to our society.

False equivalency on behalf of Neo Nazi's is the same as supporting them. Its just a passive way of doing so. You can't just say Neo Nazi's are bad. You have to create another side and get defensive about it. Why is that? Why are you defensive about the portrayal of Right Wing Extremists? If you are such a great guy, why does it hurt your feelings so bad if a study portrays them maybe slightly worse than they are already are?

You're a troll dude. Go cry on your Alt Right message boards. Any idiot can see from a mile away what you are trying to accomplish here as a foot soldier spreading nonsense. Wont change the fact that anyone not inundated with Right Wing propaganda can see from a mile away what Trump and his propaganda machine are trying to accomplish with false equivalency, and the stoking of Confederate pride/White Grievance. Steve Bannon (the millionaire leaders of the Alt-Right movement sitting next to Trump) said it himself the other day. The stoking of racial divides is on purpose here to galvanize folks like you further to the right.

Its working.

4. tallanvor

OH is that what you need? Ok then, Nazis are evil. Now can we get back to the topic of this thread which is the dishonest studies about right wing extremism.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also, can you state that groups like BLM and Antifa re not morally equivalent to Nazis? Is that too much for you?

6. tallanvor

you want me to put the racists at BLM, the facists of Antifa, and the racist Nazis on a moral ladder? they are all at the bottom. Rank them however you feel. Its like asking me to rank a rapist and a murderer on a moral ladder. who gives a ****? They are all awful.

7. fchowd0311

See, this is why people think you are a bigot.

And now I agree. You are comparing BLM to a group of people who worship a dude who mass murdered millions of people. You are sick and disgusting or trolling which means you are sick and disgusting AND wasting your life away.

8. tallanvor

dont speak for others

they are all violent fascists. The fact one group was more successful at raking up a body count doesn't make the other group more or less moral. But apparently thinking Nazis are evil makes me racist now.....

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Why would you equate those two groups?

10. fchowd0311

No thinking that a group who you might not agree with their EXTENT of greivences to Nazis makes you a bigot.
    I'm really tired of the trolling. Tallnover... Read his post if you are by any chance genuine.

11. tallanvor

then u don't know what a bigot is. Everyone should disagree with violent fascists like BLM, Antifa, and the Nazis. Like I said ranking these groups morally is stupid. Similar to trying to rank a rapist with a murderer.

12. fchowd0311

First off, BLM if anything would be the opposite of fascist. The worst accusation you an place on them is that they are anti-law enforcement which would explicitly be an anti-fascist notion.

Do you even know what fascism is?

Does BLM want to create new black autocracy where white people are kicked out and not allowed to enter the country?

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Where did BLM come from?

14. fchowd0311

I'm not typing to you.

15. tallanvor

The worst accusation I can make against them is that they are violent fascists. They try to use force and violence to shut down speeches all the time. Physical suppression of opposition is definitely fascism.

probably

16. fchowd0311

K... You are trolling.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

if only

once Trump equate them, it's become true for many of his supporters

18. fchowd0311

I don't even think Trump would flat out state explicitly that Nazis are equivalent to BLM.

I honestly believe he is trolling. No sane person would believe that BLM is equivalent to Nazis. I'm sure there are many you disagree with them but they won't equate them to Hitler worshipers.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Right, and that is why it shouldn't be a shocker that BLM is equated to white nationalists. As to why it would shock people that Nazis are equated to Communists.....I mean again, it should be obvious but apparently it's not.

I think a lot of this has to do with this being a board that leans pretty far left. If there were more centrists, not as many things would have to be spelled out.

20. fchowd0311

This is how I know that your absurd claim that communism and Nazism have the same moral equivalence if you support either of those ideologies.

Ask a pro-communist what he thinks of the millions who died under Stalin's regime. If you talked to any pro-communist, they will answer along the lines of "Stalin was a dictator and that wasn't true communism." They will harp about 'true communism'. Now you can vehemently disagree but at the very least you can make clear moral stand against mass murder and exclusion of others.

Ask a pro-Nazi about the millions of deaths at the hands of Hitler, their answer will be along the lines of: "good...".

Again, this all stems from the fact that the core principles of Nazism make moral claims and the core principles of Communism make amoral claims.