1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Falluja.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by wizardball, Nov 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. wizardball

wizardball Member

I'm a little curious why the U.S thinks that the Iraqi's are gonna line up to fight against them in Falluja?

They(iraq's) know the only way to get to the U.S is by using Gurella war fare...and since these guys are not going to really stand in the U.S's way how will the U.S know who to fight?...and the bombings are on who??...its not like people have signs saying "look here i'm a rebel"...there must me a lot of guestimation on the part of the U.S..so i don't get this massive attack they have planned on Falluja?

It's just that i know a guy who just moved back to Iraq(Falluja) ... since his father,mother, sister's are located there... he does not have the money to move them abroad so he felt he has to go there for the security of his family... he just had a kid... so i thought it was carzy for him to do this?....plus his other older brother(35yrs old) who is out of Iraq as well had a heart attack(&died) from all what is going on...feel real bad for this guy...

he says he has fought against the Iraqi's old ruler(Saddam Hussain) ... why did the U.S help Saddam assasinate their former ruler, who was well liked by the people??... could'nt they just assasinate Saddam the same way:confused:

....i feel bad for the U.S soldiers as well as the Iraqi people..they are the real ones effected by all this....can't see how it ithis is all justified...i guess Saddam had to be removed but at what price?:(

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It's time to clean Hamaas.

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Wizard I'm guessing the US (and this includes the Iraqi troops we have trained) has intelligence on key targets (with heavy concentrations of insurents). Other than that when they go in they'll let everyone know to stay down. If someone doesn't follow instructions (they're up roaming the streets) then they are probably in trouble.

Essentially the US/Iraqis will fight the people who want to fight. From their they will goto the target areas (heavy concentration of insurgents) and go house to house. All doing this time they will have heavy air support.

So will innocents be killed definetely. I'm sure the insurgents will give peoples families money to disobey laws just so they can say (and probably show in TV) this guy was innocent but the US gunned him down.

AS for your friend as long as he is away from the bad guys (not living with him, not living in an area with lots of them), and he follows orders he hopefully will be ok.

4. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

The majority of civilians have fled Fallujah. There are still some remaining but most are gone, so the casualty rate should be much lower.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

If the Iraqis fight for their city it will be a blood bath. We will level it block by block. I'm sure we will keep the media out and pretend that we aren't killing lots of civilians. Bush held off on the battle, giving the Iraqis more time to prepare, thus leading to more Americans killed. Everyone knows this was done to increase his chances to be reelected. What a shame that he would play with US sodiers' lives like this.

#5 glynch, Nov 6, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Attention, Attention - would the 450,000 + innocent civilians of Fallujah please evacuate at once ~ bombing commences in T-Minus 10, 9, 8, 7...

:rolleyes:

7. wizardball

wizardball Member

JPM0016 posted:
    Don't you think the guys who are the rebels....will leave with the civilians that have left??...its not like they want to take on the U.S army...their main objective seems to want killing sprees rather than gun battles..

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

KC,

I think our intelligence services must know what they're talking about if they say most civilians have left Falujah, don't you? They have a pretty good track record in Iraq.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The innocent civs probably just went on holiday to some of Iraq's wonderful resorts ~ they're very nice this time of year...

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

And why not? The Garden of Eden is somewhere right around there.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yeah, kinda like that whole weapons of mass destruction thing.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure they have, what they feel is good intelligence, but if you look at the whole scenario objectively, this could get real ugly real fast.

12. TL

TL Contributing Member

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, the border crossings are apparently low stress these days. Maybe they went to Iran.

(cue music)

Maybe they went... to get a mohawk.
    Maybe they went... to get some fine. sun. glasses.
    Maybe they went... to see the Circle Jerks.

14. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Go U.S. military!!!!...Kill them good!!! :mad:

15. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

RoxRan.....very good post:"kill them good"....very mature.:rolleyes:

i heard that there are only 50,000 people left in Falluja according to some British commander.

still a lot of civilians. would'nt it be better if we just left and let them solve their own problems. to bad that we still got to send them the bill.:)

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where the hell is Bill?

B-Bob, that Camper Van Beethoven reference just made you my favorite poster.

When is there going to be another BBS awards thread? I need to vote!

17. glynch

Onward Christian soldiers! Be moral. Kill some Iraqis for Christ!

18. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

illiteracy should be a sin:eek:

19. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

:D

20. glynch

Well the Christian troops have surrounded and are attacking a typical city of 300,000 people. They have caused a lot of the women and children to flee. Naturally some of the old and the disabled will die in their attempt to flee or because of their inability to flee. The Christians are trying to trap the men inside. Of course many women and kids remain. they refuse to leave their men. The Chrisitans don't understand family values like this from non-Christians.

The Christians have begun by bombing the hospital which keeps the remaining women and children and men from getting treated when wounded from the bombs. The Christians claim some of the millitants hang out at the hospital. Too bad for the innocents that can't be treated.

The Christians claim to be doing so in the name of democracy, but accurate polls done by the Christians show clearly that a huge majority of the people in the city and in the occupied country want them to leave. The Christians don't care about the polls or what the majority of the country want-- just what the Chrisitians want. The Christians are interested in permanent bases. The Christians claim to be guided by moral values.. Many of the Christian presidents followers go to church frequently and pray frequently. Many of the city's people pray frequently also, but the Christians don't care about that.

#20 glynch, Nov 8, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2004