1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fake wins...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Dec 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

First round exit that season.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ouch

and to reiterate op's point. hawks had a 60 win season and got swept by the 1/3 'big 3' cavs in the east finals. i wont take any of these wins that srs until they can start beating contenders..more than one game for the nitpickers

3. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

finally someone recognizes anderson varejao is a superstar

4. cbk41

cbk41 Member

The Hawks beat good teams and beat them handily :confused:

5. dwhite

dwhite Member

When did Dallas become a good win....that team sucks and will probably end the season at or below .500. Clips and OKC only impressive wins this entire season.

6. dianelo

dianelo Member

Should we call the Warriors' win streak a fake streak too coz they haven't played OKC, Spurs and Cavaliers?

1 person likes this.
  7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Is it still preseason?

8. rockets13champs

I think u have to wait till february to make an opinion way too early still. We just havent turned it on yet.

9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Rick Carslile is awesome

He knows how to get the most out of his talent

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I agree to an extent. There are no fake wins, the Rockets are winning these games because even playing poorly they are better than a lot of teams in this mediocre season.

But they are playing poorly, extremely poorly. There is just nothing I have seen from this team to make me feel good. We struggle to beat mediocre teams. We are just no threat to SA or GS whatsoever at the moment. Given how awful the league as whole is, we could make the playoffs, maybe even get HC advantage.

But it just feels hollow, because we aren't a title threat playing like we are, and I see no reason to think we're gonna stop playing like this. Plus I don't feel like we are building towards anything, this team was assembled as a final product.

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

Rockets SOS (Strength Of Schedule) is tied for 27th with Lakers. Only Orlando and Dallas had easier schedules so far than Rockets.
    As I mentioned week ago: Brace yourselves, sub .600 teams are coming.

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

I see a bunch of things that I don't like when I watch this team, but I do know for a fact that fake wins are much better than real losses.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you mean after 20+ games they havent figured out how to pass the ball to dwight more than 3 times a game? yeah that must be challenging :grin:

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i was about to correct you cuz i thought it was in the middle but no you're right. wow, thats terrible. daam this team needs to hurry up and turn this b**** around

15. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Hey, have you looked at some of the teams that Golden State has beaten, and their upcoming slate? You play who is in front of you. We are not good enough to be distinguishing between quality wins and losses. Once we're 5 games above .500 we'll talk about how we stack up against the contenders. But for now, our record is who we are.

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I apologize in advance for interjecting facts into your argument.

Howard is #3 in the entire league in post touches. He's averaging 8.3 post touches per game while Marc Gasol gets 8.5 and Andre Drummond gets 8.6. Marcin Gortat is #4 in post touches at 7.4 per game.

Likewise, Howard is tied with Marcin Gortat for #2 in the league in paint touches at 7.1 per game. Drummond leads the league at 7.2 paint touches per game.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ohhh you think you burned me! EHH WRONG! the only way to make dwight the 2nd option again is to get him into RHYTHM! his touch around the basket isnt that good so he needs to get consistent shots or he's gonna suck. its not all on the team its dwight too. the hell does he think he's doing out there? is he r****ded or something? sheesh

18. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

That's all nice but has absolutely nothing to do with my post or the post that I was replying to.

You said that we weren't passing the ball to Dwight which simply isn't true. I just gave you facts that show he's getting the ball in the post more than all but 2 players in the league. Likewise he's getting more touches in the paint than all but 1 player in the league.

His touches are there. If you meant rhythm or consistency then you should have said that. I was simply refuting your statement which was factually incorrect.

I'm also not sure that making Dwight the 2nd option is our goal. If you think that his touch around the basket isn't that good and that he's r****ded out there as you described, then why would you want to make him your second option? Feeding the ball to a guy like that doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

Dwight should be getting his points on pick and roll finishes, cuts to the rim and put backs on offensive rebounds. On any other type of shot, he's terribly inefficient so increasing his opportunity to take those type of shots would be a bad idea. Dwight needs to finish plays only, not initiate them. If it's not an offensive putback then Dwight is only going to be efficient on shots where he receives the pass in a position to either dunk or lay the ball in without having to make an offensive move. Think DeAndre Jordan.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Aelliott might be my favorite poster.

Data -> Conclusion -> Truth Bomb

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99er going 99er