1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fake news - the liberals are unhinged and out of control

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 29, 2017.

1. TheresTheDagger

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...porary_ban_on_newcomers_from_terrorist_havens

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

3. TheresTheDagger

4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ok, I'm confused. How was this man outside, speaking to the press at all, if he was 'banned'? ????

Astrodome likes this.
  5. TheresTheDagger

ALT RIGHT FAKE NEWS!!!!111!1!ELEVEN!!!11

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Seriously, if this is not fake news......

Donald J. Trump is reportedly bringing the two finalists to D.C. to build suspense and boost ratings for tonight’s announcement.

7. dandorotik

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If that rogue twitter is to believed, it probably won't happen that way.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The thing is, I can't rule it out as fake news!

And if it is not... there will be so much talk about Trump reality show that will distract from the more important topic of the candidate. So, I can see it possibly happening. Jesus.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The media is reporting facts and the right can't stand that so they just make up their own reality can call it alternative facts.

Just because you can't stand the facts the media is reporting doesn't make them biased. Geez, you right-wingers are nuts

11. dandorotik

12. TheresTheDagger

Two posts above this one, you linked to a Huffington Post story as commentary worthy for us to read.o_O

Meanwhile, there is also Reuters. Its closer but still an obvious majority.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-poll-exclusive-idUSKBN15F2MG

Bandwagoner likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Interesting that 31% said it makes them feel safer, while 49% agree with the ban. What reasons would that be for the 18% in support that doesn't feel safer? Economic?

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yes, it absolutely can, and does make them biased. Has for years, it's just more blatant now. How? By choosing which stories to cover, and which facts to report. Also, the commentary around it. Geez, you left-wingers are blind! Simple question: Is MSNBC biased? Of course they are, hugely so. Is what they cover factual? Mostly, yes. If you don't think MSNBC is biased, there isn't anything to discuss, you are too lost. Most of the rest of the 'mainstream' media is likewise biased, just not to the same degree. The days of objective reporting are long gone.

Why do left leaning people not see this? Because the stories the 'mainstream' media puts out jibe with the preconceived notions--massive confirmation bias. Yes, there is that bias word again. Does this happen on the right, too? Yes...but the vast majority of the media out there is highly left leaning (usually voting Democrat like 98% of the time). This is why Fox News exists at all---there was a huge gap in the market, and they filled it.

Much of the coverage of Trump so far exceeds even that bias though. Several media outlets immediately compared Trump with Hitler during his inauguration. Could someone please point me to the gas chambers Trump set up, and the genocide he was responsible for? No? Talk about making up their own reality. As I said previously, godwinning reached new levels, before Trump was even in office (although godwinning is hardly a new tactic from the left). It used to be mainly from the fringe, I don't recall the mainstream media buying in...until recently. Meaning the mainstream media has moved to the extreme--godwinning is the ultimate example of extremist thought.

But you keep keeping on with your blissful unawareness of this. It isn't going well for the liberal media, or for liberals. People are tuning it out. Don't believe me...ask B-bob. Personally, I hope it does continue. That should have you worried, but probably doesn't. I'm hardly far right (despite what you might think now). If I find the coverage highly biased, to the point of being comically so, chances are there are millions of others who do, too...and not just the far right. The middle is leaning that way now too, I think. That doesn't bode well for the mainstream media, or liberals, at all. And denigrating people who think that's the case certainly isn't going to win them back, now, is it?

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Oh please, the right wants the media to report on the lies - like Clinton Cash which is full of mistruths and made up things. Voter fraud doesn't exist and yet the right wants the media to report on fake studies.

That's what you whine about. And then you see people whining about the media not covering a story when it's on the front page of CNN! Lol, you guys are just tools and robots of whatever Beibert is telling you to think. Go back to your alt-reality.

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Be careful what group you include me in...you won't find any posts of me whining about that at all, not do I fall in the camp of wanting the press to become the right's mouthpiece. and I don't know that I've ever been on Breitbart's site. But what a classic example of just what I'm talking about...just immediately lump anyone who might not have the same viewpoint as you do into...well, the basket of deplorables still, isn't it. How'd that work out for the left before, eh?

There were things to report on with Clinton cash. If you don't think so, you are guilty of the very thing you are complaining about. Were there more objective reporting on these things, alternative views wouldn't be so rampant. There clearly were issues worth reporting, and the mainstream media mostly didn't. That's no flaw from the right, it is the mainstream media failing to do its job. I tend to agree with you on voter fraud, although the mainstream media has been inconsistent in its coverage there. First implying it did exist, via Russian hacking, then denouncing Trump for using that same line for his advantage. You'll note the pattern there: they advocated whichever side was bad for Trump.

Does the right that you speak of want coverage slanted their way? Of course they do. Should the media do that? No. Should they be a whole lot better at providing objective coverage? Absolutely. Again, they godwinned Trump before he'd even actually taken office. That alone indicates a massive bias. If you are one of the bias deniers, I'm not goig to waste my time trying to prove otherwise. It's glaringly obvious to anyone who bothers looking. Has been for decades, but much more blatant now. That's simply true. Your recognition of that reality is up to you--but whether you recognize it or not, it is clearly there. Ironically, you seem all to ready to point out where it exists on the right, are you so naïve as to actually believe it doesn't exist on the left, too?

I don't have any problem with people bringing up issues with Trump, or what he is doing. Plenty there to discuss. The manner in which they are brought up, essentially godwinning everything as if it were the greatest calamity to have ever occurred, makes any discussion impossible and pointless. And it won't serve the left well.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

For those on the right snubbing their noses, being "Sore Winners", and when in doubt when the FACTS destroy whatever argument you are trying to make in defense, the only defense you have is to blame the "Liberals and Liberal Media".... just remember this-

Every Action Has An Equal Opposite Reaction ....

Except the overwhelming size of the reaction and power that will be behind the opposite reaction this go around. Also look at the causes that both sides were/are fighting for. The Tea Party was based primarily on the notion that Obama would raise taxes & socialize areas of the Government. The threats the left is fighting for now is so much broader and more dangerous than socialized medicine, and getting a few bucks less back a year on your tax return in most cases.

Tea Party Coalition:

[​IMG]

2017 Liberal Coalition:

[​IMG]

The Tea Party had a right to protest, and did have a point to make, but the 2017 Left Coalition has a pretty substantial bone to pick with the president & government too.

My advice to the Right is to take this MUCH MORE SERIOUS than the left took the Tea Party. The point of the photos above isn't to mock the Tea Party folks but to show the overwhelming increased number of folks buckling down for serious activism that will be detrimental to whatever Trump and Bannon get accomplished FOR HIS VOTERS.

Its just DUMB for the folks on the Right to have the overwhelmingly "Sore Winner" attitude they are having towards the left, and those in the middle that oppose everything Trump/Bannon stand for.

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Good post and fair points, dobro1229. I would take issue with some of your characterization of what is occurring, but think your conclusion still has merit to it, and a fair analogy. Trump did win largely due to the Tea Party, which probably did have fewer numbers than the protest movement now from the left.

#159 BigDog63, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You were just whining about it! Now you say you weren't???

Clinton cash was debunked by nonpartisan sources as a piece of propaganda lacking substantiated claims. The fact that you didn't even look into the criticism of Clinton Cash says how much you are influenced by the alt-right and that indeed, you should be included in with them if you don't scrutinize their talking points.

Also, Trump has far more closer ties and conflicts of interest now than Clinton ever did.