1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fade's Keeper Fantasy Baseball 2014 Draft Thread.

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SamCassell, Mar 21, 2014.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Time to unleash Lincecum, I guess.

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

damn that hurts RedNation, i was worried about my team playing dreadful

3. RedNation

Cliff Lee injured now, too. Can anyone spare an ace (or a pitcher in general :grin:)?

4. RedNation

Rook, if you sell high on Springer, I'll take him :p

5. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Springer can pitch very well........ I'm like you half my dudes are injured...

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'll be lucky to get past Jent this week without seeing one of his guys score a complete game shutout on me.

This is getting ridiculous.

7. Rocketball

Supporting Member

So ten weeks into the season, who were some of the best picks in the draft, especially when you consider when they were taken?

8. RedNation

I still wish you hadn't taken Tanaka before me, so I'll go Tanaka.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I only had one good pick and that was Altuve. Pretty much the rest were crap. Historically, that has been true for me. I'm a terrible drafter for no apparent reason at all. Yet, I make my money in free agency. Much better there.

10. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/u9dKXMr4qPY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/u9dKXMr4qPY?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

11. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Fade, gotta love you man.........since the league has little smack talk and no trading, then were only left each weekend to see how many guys you can pick up off the waiver wire that have two starts the following week...it's been kinda fun to watch.

This week you found 3.....Great Job!!!

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

like my lucroy pick, after that dislike most of picks, just poor value on their draft position, and don't get me started on my keepers, time to blow this thing up!!!!

13. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I'm looking to unload Votto, if interested.

14. RedNation

I have false hope of making the playoffs.

Just hovering around 500 for now

15. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I know this isn't a fantasy advice thread but I'm a little desperate. Will rep for help.

I am in a league where hitting is valued more than pitching, and I already have a solid starting pitchers lineup.

I was just offered:

Buehrle
    Brandon Moss
    Evan Gattis

for:

Bumgarner

I have Bum, and need batting, and since Buehrle is having an even better season then Bum I would be stupid not to take this... right??

16. RedNation

Post your lineup or a screenshot for a better idea of your needs..

buherle has been extremely lucky so far this season and his peripherals aren't very good.he has the worst BB rate of his career, one of his lowest GB rates and his lowest K rate of the past three seasons.

Moss is very underrated (I have him in this league ;)) and has shown crazy power this year especially against righties (who he'll face more often anyways). Gattis is a very solid catcher option as well. With all that said, you're giving away bum who's actually having the best season of his career in a lot of aspects like k rate etc and is one of the best pitchers in the league.I would counter and see if you could get a better pitcher in return. I'm just not a big believer in buherle.

Side note, I'm much better at daily fantasy like fanduel/draftkings than I am at seasonal leagues so one of these guys can probably give you a better opinion :grin:

#196 RedNation, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Roster:
    [​IMG]

Thanks RN! It's a 8 man league so everyone's teams are a little stacked. Also a little nervous about making the rich richer so to speak, as person offering trade is far and away #1 thus far.

Should I ask for Samardzija instead of Buehrle?

18. RedNation

A couple of things.

1. can you post his team as well?

2. can you post your scoring system for hitting/pitching

Sorry if it's a lot of trouble, lol. It'll just give a better idea about who to ask for. I like Samardzija, but idk how much your league values wins, so I can't tell you for sure.

I think you could get more for Bum than you're getting. imo, I'd still be somewhat hesitant on Moss/Gattis/Samardzija for Bum but it's better.

#198 RedNation, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

No prob, thanks for the help!

His team:
    [​IMG]

As you can see, he's been slowly building a stacked team all year, and while I don't want to give him another star my #1 priority is to actually make the playoffs.

Scoring:
    [​IMG]

You get 1 pt. for every category won. But pitching is completely devalued b/c while all of the batting stats are legit (except grand slams :rolleyes:) pitching has PG, NH, CG, and SHO, which are rare enough to make them useless. So weekly it is basically 8 batting stats vs 5 pitching stats, which is why I've been looking to unload some of my aces.

20. RedNation

I'd ask for Donaldson, Moss, Samardziija. His team is stacked, so maybe he'd be willing to give up some depth for a clear number 1 starter.

There's a chance he says no, because I think you actually get the better end in this deal, but since they're both on his bench, who knows

#200 RedNation, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014