1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fade's ClutchFans Baseball Keeper League Check In (2 open spots!)

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Feb 27, 2009.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

not that it really bothers me, but any reason why we can't go to six now, the deadline isn't for another day and people can adjust their draft lists

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Since we're going with an 8 team league now I would also like a 6 team keeper for this year. Just speaking my peace and whatnot.

3. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have to agree with LH and Smeggy, if we are going down to 8 we should switch the keepers to 6 - especially with two teams players getting thrown back in the mix.

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Hey, I'll do it if that's what everybody (and I mean everybody -- not just the good teams who happen to have a lot of good keeper candidates) wants. I have 6 legitimate keepers on my own team as well. But what about those other teams who may not have 6 they want to keep? It kind of screws them over. They went through all last year under the assumption that there would be 4 keepers. Had they known there would be 6, they might not have made certain trades, etc..

Looking over jent's team, for instance. He barely has 4 keeper candidates, let alone 6. Same with SamCassell's team and PSJ's. If we let you all keep 6, they are going to miss out on the chance to add some quality players to improve because they simply won't be added to the draft pool.

So like I said, if every single owner agrees to do it this way, then we'll go to six now. However, if even one person disagrees, then we're doing it next year.

5. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I'm with fade actually... changing the draft rules right before the draft seems like changing the playoff rules right before the playoffs. The timing is wrong. I'd like to see a move to 6 keepers, next season.

But since I've been called out as a crappy-roster squad by fade, let me say that I'd be willing to go with 6 keepers now, if there was an option to waive one or two keepers and get an extra pick or picks at the top of the draft in return. Give me some chance to improve my evidently woeful team. :p

6. fadeaway

Hehe.. Hey man.. you've won this league twice already. I don't think anyone could ever consider you to be "woeful." :D

Here's what PSJ had to say about the matter via email:

7. fadeaway

Draft Order

1. PhiSlammaJamma
    2. DarkHorse
    3. Smeg
    4. SamCassell
    5. chrisjent

Sam is next to choose.

Everyone remember to get your 4 keepers declared sometime today!

1. PSJ (6656)
    2 DarkHorse (6913)
    3. Smeg (7178)
    4. SamCassell (7224)
    5. chrisjent (7366)
    6. Rook (7550)
    7. fadeaway (7652)
    8. LongHornFan (7197) (champ gets the last choice)

#47 fadeaway, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  8. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Yeah I don't think you can implement the 6 keeper policy in midstream.

I'm cool with it next year, though.

By the way... I'll take the 2nd draft spot.

9. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I'll pick 4th.

My keepers:
    Beltran
    Markakis
    Mauer
    Quentin

10. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

I'll take the 5th Spot.

My Keepers:
    A. Rodriguez
    B.J. Upton
    J. Lackey
    V. Martinez

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

keepers

Sizemore
    Pedroia
    Peavy
    Holliday

12. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I guess I will take the next pick, will do my keepers tom. when I get to my computer - on my crackberry now and can't see my fantasy team.

13. fadeaway

I will take the last spot, which leaves LongHornFan with pick #7.

Here is the complete draft order:

1. PhiSlammaJamma
    2. DarkHorse
    3. Smeg
    4. SamCassell
    5. chrisjent
    6. Rocketball
    7. LongHornFan
    8. fadeaway

Now the only thing we are waiting on is for Rook to make his keeper picks. I can't set up the draft until then. The deadline was supposed to be last night, but I'll give him until noon ET today. If they aren't done by then, I'm going to pick them myself and go ahead with setting everything up.

14. fadeaway

Okay, I need to head off to work so I can't wait any longer. Rook -- I am assigning you these keepers so we can get the draft underway:

Hanley Ramirez
    Mark Teixiera
    Josh Hamilton
    Alfonso Soriano

If you have a problem with any of them, you can tell me and I'll make the switch (assuming that nobody has picked the person yet) but we need to get the draft started now.

15. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Sorry I was away and could not get to my computer, so I could not make my keeper picks. I'll just stick with what you put down as my keepers as it is set up already and I should have done them earlier.............you snooze, you lose. I was making switching one, put I am conceding to Fades choices....