1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Facebook Envy Makes You Miserable

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Jan 23, 2013.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

so, if he changes "kill time" to "be productive", does that gett your stamp of approval?

as in: "sactown frequently post on clutchfans to 'be productive'".

i guess it's all a mindset.

1 person likes this.
  2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    More often than not, there is hardly any small talk on an online forum

When is the last time someone asked you how you've been doing the last few years/how school and work is going/how the family is/etc...

You choose which topics of conversation you wish to partake in. It helps avoid all the clutter.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Felt good to post pics from tonight. The one of myself and Dominique Sachse at West Ave for my friends grand opening of the Vanity Lounge in West Ave was nice, what a party! Miya Shay makes me ill in person. So damn fake and she has horrible breath.

4. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

[​IMG]

There's actually a better one I've used that incorperates the Willy Wonka (Ok look..tell me" meme. I've thought of parodying the Facebook food phenomenon by posting every time I eat snack and fast food.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

One the of few Dane Cook jokes I laughed at I happened to see online, he said something like the more happier a girl's facebook posts are, the more miserable she actually is.

Too true with the worst offenders I've seen

I don't know, I guess I just never get much into "mania" of things. Social media used to be so migratory and always changing, the caravan going one place to another. I'd rather a stable place of annoying people than always changing to where the "cool" people go.

Isnt that what social media is SUPPOSED to be in its OPTIMAL form?

If any of my peers wrote in JOURNALISTIC form, that'd be swell. But yeah the pity party stuff they actuall do is lame.

(And even the ones doing it "right" can be annoying taking it TOO SERIOUS)

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Are those even really NEGATIVE comments, though?

Cuz they don't see the "real effort" behind the visage? Nothing that'd make me want to close down Facebook.

(BTW, from over a year ago you never responded back to an email of mine. Arent you supposed to be the PEOPLE helper? :))