1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Face the truth: Leslie ****ed us!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Feb 18, 2015.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

I wouldn't call it "refreshing" tough. From his point of view, there is nothing wrong with being paid as the market demands. He should be paid b/c of the level of basketball skill he demonstrated. It is just too bad that he doesn't want to play along side Harden and Howard. It would be a good situation for him.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Don't underestimate the power of Linsaity, at that point no one really knew how good Lin was gonna be and Les really wanted to fix the mistake of passing on him. He then made another mistake by letting Dragic go. Just because you are rich doesn't mean you don't make huge mistakes. You just learn from them and bounce back with better decisions later.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look, I am no fan of Leslie Alexander as our owner, I think he and the organization talk a lot, but if you look at their actions they are actually fairly frugal.

And yes, I believe Les wanted Lin, but more about us having him and letting him go for nothing to keep Jeff Adrian and Johnny Flynn - more than anything else.

I am not convinced this organization has the patience to develop talent, we move guys on far before they have peaked, and then try to get them back later - and our reputation is one of a flipper org, which could hurt our acquiring new talent.

I honestly want NO trade unless it is minor and want us to use the assets we have more effectively, IE Canaan and Johnson for instance....we need to find our Sam Cassell.

DD

4. dmoneybangbang

It was a no brainer at the time: Lin over Dragic. We weren't going anywhere and at least Lin had a great back story with some upside.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Plus Dragic wasn't THAT great back then. If he played as well as he has been in PHX, we wouldn't be the 9 seed for like the third year in a row.

6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is on Morey and Les. The only thing Les Alexander has done to this team is inherit a championship team (he did not build that team) and dismantle it. Since then I am still waiting for any evidence of him willing to spend to win. He has also threatened to move the franchise to Louisville. He owes the city of Houston and all Rockets fans.

1 person likes this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

That's a great thing. But he needs to this alot more. Overpaying Jeremy Lin was a mistake, the Parsons debacle was as well. I also think letting Adelman walk set us back atleast 3-5 years

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the best post in this entire thread.
    The realness is spot on

1 person likes this.
  9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Leslie is a champion.

[​IMG]

Deal with it.

[​IMG]

Does Mr. Alexander make mistakes? Sure, in hindsight bringing in turds like Barkley and Pippen didn't pay off. Who knew the Yao-McGrady era would end in tragedy? While he may miss, you can't say he doesn't take big shots. Eventually he'll hit again. Maybe soon.

10. dmoneybangbang

Never cared for that entitled, you "owe us" mentality. It's real easy to say when it's someone else's money.

The Lakers and the Knicks are all willingly to spend and look at them. It's like poker, you got to wait for the right chance when the odds are largely in your favor to push that stack in.

Mistakes have been made, but there's no denying we got some smart people making team and personnel decisions. What if we had a healthy Yao and TMac with Morey putting players around them? It all comes down to luck/misfortune and being prepared to take advantage of either of those.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That's not true. Lin essentially replace Dragic Lowry, Martin, Lamb and other things is what netted us Harden not Dragic.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I think les cares more about money than winning.
    The rockets won two championships and then he completely changed the uniforms?
    Why? He wanted to sell more jerseys.
    We change the uniforms again when we got yao ming? Why? Cause he wanted the traditional red color? No he wanted to sell more jerseys internationally.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

God bless you brother. You speak the truth

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Breaking news: Business owners want to make money

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is also a stretch. While it's true that Lin was coming off of Linsanity and I understand why Les wanted him, Dragic was clearly the better player even then, he was more consistent and most people wanted to keep him. That being said Les did not **** us or screw us or whatever. He is a overall good owner and I think one of his flaws is just being satisfied with making the playoffs. In Business you make good moves and you make bad ones Dragic was a bad one and I knew it then. But again you can understand why Les wanted to get Lin back. I think maybe he felt like a fool for letting him go.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

This is true, but the point he values that more than winning.

Look at the spurs, did their owner change the uniforms?

Did they want to trade for a player because of his popularity?

Does it costs $5 for french fries?

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Has any former spurs or lakers or miami heat players say on national tv that they were owed money ?

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dont know but ive still had fun watching all the heartbreak.

celtics (before my time) jazz-mavs-lakers-trailblazers

sigh

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Les is cheap. Morey is Les' mouthpiece who keeps yapping about how Les allows him to buy 2nd round picks and will do anything to win but overall Les has been very frugal. Always looking at the bottomline and $$$ ahead of WINNING.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You can criticize Les for not knowing HOW to field a winner (wasting a decade under Dawson's bad leadership for example) but saying he doesn't want to win is just flat out stupid. Drexler, Barkley, Pippen, McGrady, Artest, Harden, Dwight, failed pursuits of Melo, Bosh all point to a man who wants to win. Heck, that cheap owner threw away money on Maloney and Cato because the GM and Coach tandem decided they would help us win.