1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

F the Bucs (Wade Interview)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SuperBeeKay, Jan 8, 2012.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...-interview-brad-childress-monday-sources-says

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will interview former Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress for their head coaching position on Monday, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Houston Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips and Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer are also candidates, sources said, along with former Green Bay Packers and Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman, who interviewed last week.

2. conquistador#11

I think they should go with the sherminator. the bucs pick up fat albert four days prior to kickoff and now they want wade. You're right. F the bucs.

3. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Interesting Tampa is a good place for folks to retire;)

4. HPD

HPD Member

Ouch... I did not know that

5. Marteen

Marteen Member

Wade to interview for Bucs coach job.

McClain twitter reports it.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Better Tampa than Jacksonville. I don't want to face Phillip's D twice a year.

7. Marteen

Marteen Member

This can be locked. Didn't see, sorry.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Houston sports media and Mccain should've just kept their mouths shut...all their yapping got the attention of the other team's front offices. Wade wasn't going to put himself out there all by himself.

9. HPD

HPD Member

Ouch. I did not know this

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on, taking our horrible defense and making it number 2 in the league is bound to get some attention, NBA owners did not make fortunes by being stupid and unattentive to their competition.

DD

11. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

LOL riiiight... you don't think GMs are smarter than sports media people?

12. msn

msn Member

Damn straight. So when Wade is coaching the Heat into the Finals next year, don't blame Pancakes.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wade Phillips on Tampa's request to interview him as they search for a new head coach: "It's appreciated by me & I believe I'm qualified."

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The dude is a great coordinator, average at best head coach.

Go and flop like Buffalo, Denver, San Diego, Atlanta, Dallas etc.

Owners have short memories.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm aware but I'm just frustrated at the possibility of him leaving and the media didn't help. We saw how our D performed without him in the last 3 games of the regular season.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

First of all, the job is Brad Childress' if he wants it... the Bucs clearly do want experience, but are also going to want somebody with offensive prowress to help mold Freeman (who has tons of talent, but clearly suffered from a lack of good coaching this year).

Wade is a good candidate for any team that already has a solid offensive mind in place... but there aren't many of those jobs out there.

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Wade Phillips: "I’m torn. I don’t want to leave Houston. I love it here. But I’d like to get a chance to be a head coach again."

I'm getting a little tired of hearing this. He saw how the Texans honored his father at the game. He's in his mid 60's, time to spend his head coach "retirement" years in his hometown with a team that will be competing for Super Bowls for many years to come. Green Bay and New Orleans will be dominating the NFC for a few more years. Does Wade really want to take over a 4 win team that's years away from being a possible contender?

18. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The more I hear, the more I think he was brought in as insurance for Kubiak. Since there is no chance anymore to Garrett the head job, he wants a head job elsewhere. I can't blame him. I do question the sanity of anyone who wants to hire a retread who has been fired from 4-5 head jobs already.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He would say "yes".

You can't really argue with what he wants to do... all of these guys are extreme competitors, and once they've been at the top, they will try to do everything possible to stay there.

The best case scenario for the Texans would be if Wade doesn't get any of the jobs, and ends up being our version of Dick Lebeau (former head coach who is happy to stay as a DC forever in Pittsburgh).

This is probably his last great shot at a HC gig... if he doesn't get one this off-season, he's unlikely to get one after that.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member