1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Extend CP3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jan 12, 2018.

?

Should the Rockets Extend CP3

1. Yes

77.8%
  2. No

3.7%
  3. I'll decide once I see how he performs in the playoffs

18.5%
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Problem solved:

[​IMG]

Get 'er done, Marty.

2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Luc is playing for the minimum this year. Ariza loves it here because he's playing with his friends and would have a great chance of winning another championship.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

But Ariza has been playing for much less than his actual value for 4 years now. I find it hard to believe he'd decide the vet min is plenty for the last contract NBA he'll ever sign. His new wife would cut him off till he comes to his senses.

felixng2012 and justtxyank like this.
  4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Considering the home he bought in the Woodlands. (Carlton Woods I assume) I believe he plans on staying. Has to be a wink wink deal discussed

5. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Ariza has made a lot of money in his career and he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to go around wasting it.

He will have to choose between the right situation and money this offseason either way.

6. farhen

farhen Member

I want cp3 to commit first to houston, then see what happen in the offseason to work on lebron's contract and his

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Chris Paul is not worth the max.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Tristan Thompson, JR Smith & Shumpert are their horrible contracts. I'd say all those combined are worse than Ryno.

9. threepointshot3

Yes he is if you consider what many inferior players to him are making. My issue is health with him . Health and durability

felixng2012 and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Luc definitely not coming back on vet minimum and should be compensated for underpaid this year with 3 year deal. I fear plenty of teams now see his value and will throw serious money at him. Ariza will want a multiple-year deal, but I think with him and CP3 being friends, he’ll be here though you never know. Teams might throw serious dollars at him just to mess with us. Capela will be offered BIG bucks and I fear we might lose him, but let’s see how much of a hometown discount DJ will give us ;)

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

you extend him and pray he's okay with not taking the max.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I really think the rockets can get cp3 for less than max as long as they give him 5 yrs.

Like maybe 5/150 or maybe even 5/125.

I think if Lebron is coming cp3 will make his contract work for the sake of the team.

The 5 years is prob more important to him over the actual dollar amount.

I’m sure he would rather have 5/150 over like 2/65-70.

Do I see him taking less than 25-30m a year? Absolutely not but I do think as long as we win and do well in the playoffs, and Morey shows him ways to stay flexible and add Lebron or another star. Cp3 will play ball.

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

That's like saying "the only issue with McGrady at age 28 was health".

That's a really big issue. If Chris Paul was even just two years younger or had less history with injuries, sure, throw them bills at him. But he's made of glass and about to be 33... You don't give a max contract to a player like that, especially if you really think you have a shot at Lebron. And DEFINITELY not for more than maybe a year at a time.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah but they don't have to trade all of them c'mon now. JR Smith's contract isn't even that bad. They also have a major asset in their pick which they can use to remodel their team as well as a 2ndary star in KLove and an ariza in his prime in Jae Crowder. If they had Chris Paul on their team right now instead of Isiah they would be neck and neck with GSW as the best team in the league.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

4 team trade nimrod.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

You typed a lot of stuff but didn't really say anything. The reality is you are just saying things without thinking of possible scenarios, just some hypothetical "Oh yeah we will trade Gordon to SOME team, then get X assets and then use those X assets to dump Anderson to SOME team, its totally possible yeah yeah". Ever heard of the ESPN trade machine? You gotta check that out first to see if your pie in the sky dreams have a chance of coming true.

The reality is Morey has been trying to offload Anderson since last year's deadline to no avail. If all it would take was Gordon then both of them would have been gone by the summer so Morey can lock up Cp3 long term. Morey has never been afraid to trade good players to get better ones, thats what he did when he traded Brooks for Dragic and then Lowry for essentially James Harden. But still, Anderson is still on the team when it is clear he gotta go.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets will have Ariza's bird rights. I am sure he will be re-signed for an amount that will work for the team. Rockets can use some MLE money on Luc. Rockets are in a position if the team continues this way and can get another top line player can get some concessions from FAs to play for a bit less to be on this team like GSW has done with West, Nick Young etc.

Again, I am sure Morey & CP3 have a plan to maximize the team/roster and have a real world understanding of the finances that need to do that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. NateNate

NateNate Member

Sorry for asking again but has anyone given a good guess to Codman’s sig? I love these I’m just horrible at them.