1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Explosions in the Sky

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Molotov Cocktail, Jul 12, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Molotov Cocktail

Has anybody else heard of this band? They are the band that did the instrumental soundtrack for Friday Night Lights. Just picked up the soundtrack and another cd of theirs called "Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die And Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever" and I am absolutely floored by these guys. I have never been a fan of instrumental music, but this is simply outstanding.

A definite recommendation for any collection.

2. studogg

studogg Member

great stuff, but if you like this, you have to get you some "godspeed you black emporer".

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Word and even though they have lyrics in their stuff, Sigur Ros is a band similar to these others as they are all "post-rock" bands.

4. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

MANNY!

5. MadMax

MadMax Member

Hey, I just got back from War of the Worlds...I was a little concerned when I read the title of this thread.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

I listen to the FNL soundtrack all the time. The music is just stunning. I have the other album with the long name, but I actually like the FNL soundtrack better. It's more mellow and haunting. Their music added so much to that movie. Plus, check out the drummer's Fibes kit. :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

Looks towards Pasadena skyline... Hmmmm nothing!?
    ______

Great band i've seen them here in Austin a couple of times ~ if you like them you will also like 7 percent solution and ...

...for some reason I can't remember the name of my favorite Austin space rock band. Duh.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was even more concerned when I saw the name of the guy who started the thread... :eek:

10. Uprising

Uprising Member

yeah, I was like what?! I saw/heard nothing!

11. Molotov Cocktail

:D Never even crossed my mind until now.

I'm also honored to have MacBeth post in my thread on his reunion tour :eek: