1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Expected sack total- Clowney

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Aug 17, 2014.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

2. Remii

Remii Member

Considering the fact that Clowney is a rookie and is having to learn to play the LB position and may not be an every down player early on _ I can see 8 maybe 9 sacks if he stays healthy... But 8-9 sacks isn't anything to sneeze at for a rookie.

Remains to be seen on what J.J. will do in Romeo's 2-gap system.

Wade ran a 1-gap 3-4 which is closer to a 4-3 when compared to Romeo's traditional 2-gap 3-4... So in Wade's defense Watt was in a position to allow him to get after the quarterback. But Romeo's defense is predicated on the LB's making plays so Clowney will have that going for him.

Big question is will other teams be in constant obvious passing situations to give the defense the opportunity to pin their ears back in rush the passer...???

3. conquistador#11

i say the duo of watt and clowney nets us 30 sacks, and a ton of errant throws by the qbs.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

5. StevieCrossover

a sack every game he plays.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Have you seen him in pass coverage...??? I guess you struck the Arizona game from your mind.
    And I said "he may not be an every down player early on." But maybe he is as you suggest.

7. tmacfor35

He was drafted to get after the QB off the edge.

Passing down is 3rd down.......Oh Clowney can't cover, screw it, put him on the bench.....

You trying to troll. I get it.

8. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

9. Remii

Remii Member

You're very sensitive dude... And I don't think 8-9 sacks is a disrespectful mark for a rookie. But maybe he'll have 15-20 like you suggest...

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

He better pressure the qb almost every play. If the qb is able to throw a ball we are screwed with out secondary.

11. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

some of you don't get it.. lmao.

12. tmacfor35

Sensitive.....Nah.

Just reacting to a bleh comment. Clowney is obviously a three down player. It isn't a maybe LOL!

I wouldn't be surprised if he had 15 sacks....I don't know where 20 came from, but he has played about a quarter and a half worth of football and has registered 3 TFL's and a SACK!

13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How many sacks will Clowney and Watt share?

Im gonna go with 5

14. conquistador#11

in my country, they call that a Texas three way.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Clowney will miss games, complain of injuries and spend a lot of time on the sideline....

Total sacks? 6.5

He will have highs and lows.

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My guess is he will get them in bunches. When he goes against teams that don't have any sort of quickness at the tackle, he'll blow them up - maybe a 4 or 5 sack game somewhere in there. Teams that have enough athleticism and who plan around him will be able to slow him down.

Anybody that tries to get cute with the scheme will regret it. On the TFL last night, he was well past the guard by the time the guard got into position. The way to block him is always get an athletic tackle to get a hat on him ASAP and chip with the RB a bunch. He will destroy any 350 lb "road grader" types, or pulling guards.

17. Win

Win Contributing Member

10+ sacks if he misses no more than 2 games. Almost every day should be a field-day for the rook with Watt at his side.

18. Remii

Remii Member

So your comments/post are so fantastic that you have the right to judge others :confused: Lolzzzzzz...!!!!

I believe he played one quarter against Arizona (a game that J.J. played in) and one series against Atlanta. Most of those numbers came against Atlanta's offensive line (which isn't good) and there were a couple/several guys on defense who looked good against that offense last night _ not just Clowney... But okay.

19. thedude077

thedude077 Member

8 to 12 sacks

20. tmacfor35

.........Yes, a quarter and a half.

You are extremely annoying.