1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ex-Astro's Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by cwebbster, Oct 3, 2004.

1. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

As the Astro's are one game away from making the playoffs, which I am going to the game tomorrow by the way, woohoo....anyways, I have pondered this Ex-Astro's help that has happend in the past few weeks.

David Weathers- Picks up a rare win for Florida, making it a smaller ground for the 'Stros to gain on the scrubbies.

Mike Hampton- Hits a two run homerun, which put further distance ahead of the scrubbies, and pulled out a win.

Steve Finley- Jacks a grandslam to clinch the NL West, and put the Giants right behind us.

Paul Bako- Crucial strikeout against the Reds which could have led to a key victory for the scrubbies with the bases loaded in the 9th.

Moises Alou- Striking out in the 9th, with the cubs threatening, eliminating the Cubs from post season contention.

This is way to ironic, I believe this is fate working on our side. The ghosts of the Old Astro's are shining in these guys. Anyone else notice this?

2. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Don't forget:

Wayne Franklin who served up the grand slam to Finley.

3. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

And this isn't saved just for the Astros directly. Look at Dotel; he (arguably) single-handedly cost the Athletics their season by ruining at least 10 games.

4. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Good observations there, Cwebb. I LOVE IT! So satisfying to see the cubs CHOKE!

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I guess I'll remind you that Finley and Hampton were helping themselves out at the time. Finley's performance clinched the West for his team, and Hampton's team doesn't want to roll over and die before the playoffs. Florida at the time was still in contention for the Wild Card when Weathers took that game. There's no way Alou or Bako intentionally didn't come through when they were needed.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, I knew Ducky had some difficulty since he went over there, but I didn't realize his ERA as an Athletic is over 4. I guess that was a pretty good move afterall. I must admit, I never would have thought Lidge would be a better closer than Octavio.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't think anyone thinks that there's really a conspriacy out there. It's just a funny coincidence. That's why he posted it.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

funny and satisfying...