1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Evidence of Presidential election being rigged

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Haymitch, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Major

Major Member

And yet, no one can find all these cases. Do you believe Bigfoot exists too?

To commit voter fraud, you have to (a) be willing to risk getting caught and (b) believe your 1 extra fake vote is going to make some kind of a difference.

Voting fraud only works if done on a large scale, and it would be impossible to hide that and keep it quiet.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Our government is so far behind times its pathetic. The federal government meddles in state affairs when it shouldn't and turns a blind eye on issues that it should address.
    Voting is one of those issues that the federal government should standardize. Granted neither party wants this. We can transfer billions and billions of dollars a day safely but we can't find a simple and easy way to vote.

Its fairly simple; If you want to vote, you need a SSN. If you have a SSN and are a US Citizen, you can vote; Regardless of any reason (such as being a felon). Before the election, verify your address. Go vote at an electronic station. The station prints out two copies, a hard copy retained by the government signed by the voter and another copy with a token verification that can be checked online. There will be a paper trail for everyone.

3. Space Ghost

Im not sure what you're going on about. I stated specifically I wasn't going to hash out the arguments for or against, the frequency or impact. I simply stated that if one believes there are less than 10 cases of voter fraud per election, they are a moron.

Voter fraud can happen at any point, from the point of registration until days after the election (if recounts are called). A clerk can 'accidentally' shred a registration card or fail to enter it into the computer, preventing the person from voting. In the Florida recounts in 2000, a person who is doing recounts can "accidentally" punch both candidates to disqualify the ballot. Small town elections can certainly be swayed from a few extra ballots.

For some odd reason, you believe that voter fraud is completely non existent because it can't be proven but yet you accept black holes as an absolute.

4. Major

Major Member

That's a convenient way to state anything you want without needing any shred of evidence.

Of course, voter registration fraud has nothing to do with what the article was talking about, if you actually bothered to read it. It also has nothing at all to do with the voter fraud in the context of this election or of the recent spate of voter IDs laws. But again, if things like the above were happening, there would be evidence.

"Can" and "Did" are very different things. Do you actually know how Florida recounts were done? They were never done by one person - there were observers from both parties for each ballot, along with the election official. What you suggest literally could not have happened, unless the
    3 people were all working together to commit fraud - which, again, is ridiculous because of the risk you'd be taking of getting turned in by the other 2 people.

For some odd reason, you insist on believing something that has no evidence - and, in fact, plenty of contradicting evidence because ... well, apparently just because, since you can't actually provide any reasoning or anything of the sort.

Patience and superfob like this.
  5. Space Ghost

Dude, you've jumped the shark and become like any other political homer on this site. I simply said "there are more than 10 cases of voter fraud" and you immediately translated that to "voter fraud is out of control, wide spread and the election is rigged ... and there is no proof". You're not here to post insightful thought. You're here to belittle anyone who does not think like you.

6. Nook

Nook Member

You like to do this when called out and cannot substantiate the larger point that you are alluding to. What does it matter if it is 10 cases of voter fraud or 50 cases? The larger point stands that there is zero credible evidence of voter fraud at a level of any consequence.

bacliff likes this.
  7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

The specific method of voting is left out of the Constitution. As such it is left to the states. The states governments would fight such an act by the national government tooth and nail and probably win in court. There would need to be a Constitutional Amendment and there a few other aspects of the political process that should be addressed first anywho (soft money, gerrymandering, term limits for senators/reps, time limits on campaigning season, etc.) Also given the recent Russian hacks of the DNC and Wikileaks continually releasing US documents, they will argue that an electronic votes would be hacked and rigged by Putin.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I think the largest amount of voter fraud occurs when children (or others) cast absentee ballots for parents that are confined to nursing homes. For the most part, I'd expect this has little to no impact in any given national election.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't believe the studies done by a qualified expert, you're a complete moron. Wheeeeee! It's fun insulting people, but not as fun as when you insult them for believing a scholarly study with legitimate parameters and the like.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Major usually only belittles people who make stupid points. So... o_O

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So, you're concerned about voter fraud, and you want to replace 50 state systems with 1 federal system (hello, Big Government), because you think 1 system will be more difficult to dupe than 50 systems. . . . And your federal system will count 126 million votes on election day. . . . And the feds will go online to count these votes, and you think that will be safer, going online and checking 126,000,000 digital ballots versus paper ones. . . . And, the feds will maintain voter roles more efficiently and verify 126,000,000 SSN's on election day, coz . . . the feds are just better?

Actually, the U.S. voting system reflects the rationale of Tenth-Amendment small government: a decentralized system is much harder to abuse than a monolithic Big Brother structure.

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

In many ways there are, which is why I always find it interesting that NO ONE mentions this in relation to Hillary's email. To me, *THAT'S* the story; that our technology is so antiquated, many of our government officials are actively, knowingly circumventing security protocols because, at the end of the day, it's simply easier to not have to deal with outdated, slow access in an age in which urgency is such a vital part of our communication efforts.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. Space Ghost

Huh? You clearly read into however you feel fit. I have stated I find voter fraud and voter ID a red herring. I also stated voter fraud is pretty minute. Its bigger than a couple dozen cases but not big enough to be that big of a concern.

Ive stated online voting can be done. I also stated there would be a paper trail. The process would be pretty simple.
    User goes online and verifies address (Precinct)
    User selects to online vote.
    Voting token is then mailed to registered address (or texted)
    User votes online and authenticates with token
    User is then given a confirmation token which can be used to look up and see who they voted for.
    Paper copy is mailed to user. This is their proof of who they voted for and can be verified.

What you dont realize is we already electronic vote. When I vote now, I get no proof of who I voted for. All I get is a key card, slide it in the machine, vote and then return it. And some how you think online voting is more susceptible to voter fraud than what we have now?

14. Space Ghost

This has been mentioned often actually. Its when Hillary distorts it by bringing up Colin Powell and everyone else that used it.

I have stated this many times. Security was very very lax until private Manning released all of the information. Private Manning released information that he was not cleared to have, although he still had access to it. This is when the government cracked down on computer security....bigly :) Hillary gets a free pass for using private servers before that. However she continued to use them after. She has deleted, lied and distorted. If other people had not gone to jail for doing much less than she has, this would not be an issue.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I voted on a paper ballot.

As you will see if you look back at my post, it is mostly about decentralization versus centralizing into one federal system. Replacing the countless local system with one Big Gov. system immeasurably increases the risk of significant fraud.

So you're saying we vote online now (except me), and you want to keep voting online, but use these tokens, in one big system that is standardized, not a whole bunch of little different systems, because it will be safer that way. OK, agree to disagree.

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

My FB feed is blowing up about Texas votes being switched from Trump to Hillary.

Of course, Infowars and like sites are helping spread the rumor.

Secretary of State's office apparently giving interviews to counter the rumors.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They won't have proof either. I expect tons of these claims with ZERO evidence.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

LOL...the hypocrisy...

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Well that didn't take long. Voter frauds already happening in Texas. If you choose straight republicans on the ballot your vote is changed to Clinton/Kaine

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Debunked. You people are seriously the stupidest people on the planet. Dumb as dirt.

http://www.snopes.com/texas-vote-switching/

And now Hannity is relying on the National Enquirer as a "legit source."

WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO YOU ALL???????

#100 dandorotik, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016