1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Everyone is talking about the Heat... but what about...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Aug 22, 2010.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The Bulls? They've quietly assembled a very legitimate team! You also can't doubt the Magic this year either... And Pacers are looking to maybe squeak into the 8th spot...

That being said it seems like the power is slowly shifting over to the Eastern Conference...

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Good. Easier for the Rockets.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I haven't heard of these teams.

What cities are they from?

1 person likes this.
  4. mazyar

mazyar Member

They must be the other teams from Miami.

5. Steve_Francis_rules

The power's not really shifting to the Eastern conference. The Bulls will be pretty good, but that's only one extra good team in the East. The Pacers, as well as all the other teams below #5 in the East, will still suck. The West will still be the Lakers followed by everyone else.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

I agree with the OP, somewhat.

I expect Miami to take the #1 seed in the East.

I DON'T expect them to just roll right through the entire Eastern conference though, and end up in the Finals.

Even the Lakers met resistance in the first round last year, against the Thunder. And the Mavs were knocked out by the Warriors way back when.

I'm not saying the Heat will lose; rather, I'm not handing the championship on a silver platter just yet.

7. Classic

Classic Member

Suns might drop down this year and the Bulls should be better. I guess power is shifting to the East.

8. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

What about them "Rockets" damn the rest! :mad:

9. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

To me the Bulls are the biggest sucker bet in Vegas right now. I think they are a distant 4th in the EC, and I don't see them as any bigger threat than a group of 2nd tier WC teams after the Lakers

10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Assuming Yao's recovery is on track, very few teams have improved as much this offseason as the Rockets. They're going to be a little under the radar, which is good.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Watch out for the Thunder. They are young, talented, and don't realize that the NBA championship is assigned to the Lakers. I think they are going to become what we thought Portland would be, before they are started self destructing.

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

What about Raven?

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

why did you mentioned the Pacers??

battling for the 8th spot in the East, is not very good
    if you win 40 games, you can squeak into the 8th seed, the rockets would have made the playoffs last year, if they were on the east.

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The Bulls IMO will be either the 3rd or the 4th spot on Eastern conf standing.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The key to the Bulls season is defense. If they become an elite defensive team, it will be hard to knock them out of the playoffs. With D-Rose as a closer who now has some help, they could be dangerous. I predict it will take some time for them to get it going, so their regular season record may not reflect their playoffs prospects.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility they end up the 2nd best team in the East after the playoffs are finished. I expect the Hawks & Celts to decline and the Magic's players may finally get sick and tired of listening to Stan Van Gundy. I would hate to play for him. His act HAS to be wearing thin.

16. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

I think the Bulls will have a better record than the Heat and actually go further in the playoffs. To me, the Heat will be the biggest disappointment in the history of sports after this year. Even still, Lebron fans will always claim he was dealt a bad hand

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

?????
    The Bulls have been the 2nd most talked about team after Miami. But imo, they are being horribly overrated. The team has absolutely no depth and a gaping hole at SG. A big 3 of Rose, Boozer, and Noah does not sound too intimidating to me. I'm not sure why they are getting so much hype honestly. Deron is twice the PG Rose is and Utah was only good, not great with that combo last season. The Bulls are a much more lacking team than Utah imo.

Miami
    Orlando
    Boston

should be expected to grab the top 3 spots

I personally expect Milwaukee to jump up and grab that #4 spot. I love the addition of Corey Maggette and a healthy Andre Bogut. They are a very solid team. And imo, Brandon Jennings will be better than Derrick Rose, maybe not next season, but down the road, he will be.

18. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Da Bulls

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. PointForward

PointForward Member

You're a glass half full kinda guy aren't you?

20. Steve_Francis_rules

I agree that Miami will have to fight it out in the Eastern conference playoffs, but not in round one. The #7-8 seeds in the East will be complete scrub teams, so as long as Miami finishes with one of the top two (maybe even three) records, they'll cruise through round one.