1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Everyone is mentioned, why not EG.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chinese, May 8, 2005.

1. chinese

chinese Member

Most of these threads,about SAR, Swift, DMarshal, even Randolph, Chandler or Haslem.
    Eddie Griffin gives you what is needed, blocks, rebound,weakside defend, mid range jumper, small contract
    and passing to inside. Take a look of him,Can a buster turn into a good fit? Despit a lot of people don't want to touch him anymore.

2. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

It's simple really. At the PF position, Houston needs a tough defender who rebounds well and can hit the open jumper. EG doesn't rebound well AT ALL and isn't a banger who will fight for rebounds under the board. Plus, yeah, we don't want him back in Houston again. He has enough history here.

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

i want EG.

4. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

EG has a midrange jumper?!

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

EG would have been perfect in a series like Dallas', where you can just play him straight up on Dirk and not have to wear out McGrady and Yao all game long on defense.

Alas, he has too much bad blood with the organization and I can safely GUARANTEE that he will never be in a Rockets uni again.

6. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Why O why can't people get over EG? Some reasons we don't want him:

1 He flamed out on us already. We gave him 3 years to improve and he didn't.

2 It is possible he will flame out again on another team just as soon as expectations are placed on him. There is no reason to believe he will be a solid citizen and contributor just because he had a couple of good months (Oct & Nov) with the Timberwolves.

3 He has no mid-range game at all and very few post moves. It's either a dunk or a 3 pointer clanging off the rim (.387 FG%, .328 from 3pt).

4 He is not a passionate basketball player who will work on his game an improve it. He is no different now than when he was a rookie. He's a loafer who will not get any better than he is.

5 He is terrible at passing the ball.

Feel free to add what I missed.

7. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

If we want a Griffin clone so badly, Kwame Brown can be had for cheap.

8. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I agree with you. Kwame Brown's game isn't exactly like EG's, but I'd take him for the right price. He was under a LOT more pressure than EG and couldn't handle it. Kwame could be a star in the league if he finds the situation. At a minimum, he will wind up being a 17-10 guy who will help someone. Unless he's a hopeless mental case (which is possible), Kwame's got too much talent and ability not to break through at some point. But he's only 23 and his breakthrough could still be 2-3 years away.

9. lhphpl

lhphpl Contributing Member

No EG please. Maybe I am wrong, but I got a feeling this kid did not play with heart.

10. tested911

tested911 Member

I think EG would be great but heres the thing... Isnt he prone to shooting 3's..

Listen Real Well People

We do not need a POWER forward that shoots 3's????
    We are looking for somebody to get some rebounds not just defensive but offensive.. How in the world are you going to get offensive rebounds when you shoot 3's?

If EG can develop the midrange and will never ever shoot 3's again.. I"m all for it.

11. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

F..ck Eddie Griffin. He's the last person this team needs.

It better NEVER happen.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Because he's a mediocre player and can only do a few of the things you mentioned to any degree of satisfaction.

For god's sake let it go people. 1. he's gone and not coming back, 2. he sucks anyway.

It's going to be a long offseason. :(

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wanna bet?

;)