1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Everybody Pray for Christopher Hitchens Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by weslinder, Sep 20, 2010.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I found out about this because Hitchens mentions it in his Vanity Fair article this month. Today is the day, and Hitchens could use healing, so say a prayer for him today.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/09/20/129987820/it-s-everybody-pray-for-hitchens-day

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

SMITE HIM!!!

Well....

GO ON!

He's a cookin' somthin up....

3. Raven

Raven Member

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I gotta say, while he puts it in a douchey way, I agree with Hitchens.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YwDdzLs3a8Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YwDdzLs3a8Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. cson

cson Contributing Member

I'm anti-aggressor, be it Religious or Atheist, therefore he gets on my nerves. Just simmer for fcku sake

1 person likes this.
  7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Behind this petty feud is the illness of a very interesting and intelligent man.

8. cson

cson Contributing Member

Yes, having taken the time to watch the video, I retract my kneejerk reaction to past interviews by the man.

9. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

He is certainly an interesting figure.

I wish him all the best in health, life, and whatever it may consist of, beyond.

10. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Great interview. Most of it was really just two guys talking and was interesting to watch.

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Agreed and its made better by the fact that both people in the interview can connect to each other. A lot of discussions of death and suffering become so vapid when the interviewer just has no connection to the discussion, so that was nice.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Agreed. Good interview, and he handled it very well.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Mocking someone's terminal illness to score points for your religious beliefs under the guise that you actually give a s**t about that person is probably one of the most petty things I've ever heard.

1 person likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wasn't he the same highly irascible dude who showed up drunk on Maher and was giving the audience the 1 fingered salute?

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

and, in all likelihood, someone who is loved by someone and will be deeply missed if he doesn't make it.

16. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

This (but with a blank to include EVERYTHING) and being able to escape any type of conversation/argument with the word "Faith" is the 2 biggest perks of Religion.