1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ever been on a game show??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ras137, Jul 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Ras137

Ras137 Contributing Member

Has anybody here been on a game show? I went to the Millionaire audition this morning and passed the test. Now I have to go back for the interview this afternoon. Does anybody have any tips for the interview. I'm going to be wearing a suit, but I'm thinking about switching my dress shoes for some black Chuck Taylor's to appear more "interesting" Good idea?

Right now I'm filling out the audition application and trying to balance quirky or interesting vs. boring or insane. Do you guys think I should post some of the questions with my answers to see if they seem good? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Someone on here from Cali was on Wheel Of Fortune a couple years ago, I think. :eek: Can't think of his name...

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what's the Millionaire?

and since when are black chuck taylors "interesting"?

5. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

How many questions was the test, I heard it was scantron-style. What type of questions did you answer?

6. Ras137

I'm sorry the "Who wants to be a Millionaire?" audition.

and black chuck's themselves are not interesting but I thought paired with a suit it would be a sublte (as opposed to wearing a loud color, which to me would seem like I'm trying too hard, and not something I would wear normally) way of appearing more interesting. Quirky without being insane.

7. Ras137

30 questions, 10 minutes. Pretty generic questions covering a large range of topics. I thought it was pretty easy I think I may have missed 3 questions, but only about 20-30 passed out of about 200.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think the suit would make you look boring on this show. I also can't remember ever noticing, or even seeing, anyone's shoes on that show.

9. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

You have a better chance at getting the hosting job if Meredith is still doing the show. Bring back Regis!!!

10. Ras137

I'm talking about the interview not about the show itself I need to stand out from the crowd and get into the contestant pool

11. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

Yea... I hear it's about how interesting you are rather than being intelligent. Be loud and vocal and give them an interesting back story.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm interested in what happens on this test. Can you elaborate?

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

yeah, you've got to sell your storyline that shows you as an outrageous, outgoing, and fun loving.

they don't want average, boring, contestants.

pull some heartstrings or tell a really wacky story about yourself that makes them remember you and pick you.

I was close to being a contestant on a new game show Are You Normal America and then I found out our ring bearer's uncle was producing the show. basically- the show runner's brother was once my wife's employer and that created a conflict of interest.

I went with the newlywed, work with kids angle and casting ate it up before we realized the connection...

I was also someone's chosen "lifeline" for the show Don't Forget The Lyrics. they put up my friend who came from Vegas and she chose me as her backup. the producers kept us sequestered for about 10 to 12 hours while they taped show after show that day.

she gave a boring version of herself and they went with other contestants by the end of the day and released the rest of us. they gave me as well as her $100 cash and sent us packing and my friend to a cheap hotel across from the studio...