1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Even Laker Fans Now Think Howard Might Eventually Go to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

funny how little knowledge the Lakers fans have of the CBA/cap compared to this board

they need their own BimaThug

1 person likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

As I understand, if he signed an extension now, it'd only be for 3 years. If he waits until FA(and his deal expires), he gets a new 5 year deal with LA or 4 year deal if he walks(or is S&T).

3. zoids

zoids Member

No freaking way Morey would want that ho. She is wrecking the fakers right now and proven to be the drama queen everywhere she goes and doesn't have heart to improve. In another word, she will never win a champ.

So why would you guys want that ho with a record of std and cancer?

:rolleyes:

4. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

That's what i would assume as well. As far as him refuse to commit or promise the Lakers that he will re-sign with them in the off-season, that's their problem, right? ;)

6. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

LOL Funny though. Some of those people commenting on youtube even think Chris really does have a twin brother Cliff. :grin: ahahaha

7. alethios

alethios Member

I'm one of those who think he will wait til the off-season to renew his contract with the Lakers - I know it's taking a chance, but the Lakers want to keep him. I think once Kobe retires, it will be his team and he will be the #1 scoring option. I don't how jumping to another team will appeal to him unless he's offered a better contract than what the Lakers offer. But I just don't see that happening.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The rational financial incentives ($30M extra guarantees) are very much in favor of staying. But then again these incentives were in favor of not picking up his option, too, if he wanted his freedom to go to his favorite destination, Brooklyn.

Howard is emo and can be emotionally manipulated into making emotional decisions emotionally.

9. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

only a few more of my border crossing family and we can overtake Chicago.

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

he is staying put definitely... more money, bigger market, the best franchise... he'll be their best man and the leader in the years to come..... but miracles are always possible....

i got to like him more lately seeing how lighthearted he is.. always smiling and having a good time no matter defeats and missed free throw...

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

A healthy DH12 & LBJ are the only two NBA players that can put a team on there back. Any team that DH12 goes to is instantly his team (yes including the Rockets). DH12 so much better than harden, Lin, Asik & pretty much every player in the NBA sans LBJ it isn't even funny.

Howards post game SO much better than Asiks. But I am worried about DH12's health. Also DH12 has been critiqued by Shaq & a bunch of people for not playing on the block enough & being a PNR big man. That has made him reluctant to run the PNR with Nash. I don't want someone who won't fit into what the Rockets need which is a PNR big man. I don't want to go away from our PNR game seeing as how we have two terrific PNR guards.

12. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

with his bad health problems?! 82 games with a healthy asik > 41 games with a frequently injured Dwight

13. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

this is his first season with injury problems.

That being said, will he ever regain form? If so, hard not to take a chance on Dwight, work ethic problems and all. I like how that would make us anti thunder, as in, our best players and their best players play different positions.

14. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

NOOO! KEEP HOWARD AWAY!!..In all the years hes been in the league..he has shown that hes a single dimension player..He was always be terrible at free throws..He will never get his own offensive move that he can consistantly go to..Howard is a walking disaster..Coming to Houston wont heal this guys injuries..

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

They go back to recruiting since they will be left with no assets to trade, players are old and they don't have any draft picks. This might prove crucial to Dwight's decision. Yes it will eventually become his team, but when exactly and with whom in particular? If he wants to be in a contending team for years to come, the pieces are already in Houston. The Lakers would have to rebuild around him once Kobe and the others leave soon.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If the Lakers don't trade Dwight before the deadline, Dwight will most likely resign in LA; the extra money being the major factor. That's why LA ain't trading him.

17. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I see they are starting to talk about this big deal Adidas has on the table for him. And believes if he doesn't sign with L.A. He wouldn't be getting that. If that's the case..... No wonder. That seems very shady( but I guess it business)

18. amaru

amaru Member

I see him becoming an Amare' type contract in the future. DO NOT WANT

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

State income tax gets our offer alot closer in my opinion. With some maneuvering we can offer about 4/80 pre fed tax the lakers can offer 5/100 which in reality is about 5/90 before federal income tax.

20. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Multiple sources indicate Dwight Howard is interested in the Brooklyn Nets.