1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Euro Step vs. Taiwanese Dribble (Re: Bill Worrell)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Viola

Viola Member

LOLOLOLOL

Well...maybe Bill is a raci... no matter what, I don't even care. ;)

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Would be better if he called it the "Asian dribble"

3. Viola

Viola Member

I miss those Argentine moves...

4. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

5. Exel

Exel Member

If it were Howard Cosell, Harden's Euro-step's name would have a more controversial ring to it.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Taiwan Two Step.

ps, quit looking for a reason to be offended.

8. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Bill Worrell needs to be fired. We ought to start an official fire Bill Worrell thread.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Last night, at the Lakers game. Nash was doing okay, so I needed to clown him. Sure, I was upstairs so he couldn't hear me. I kept yelling to deport Nash. I think some Mexicans in the area were a bit confused by that. Then I made fun of the fact that the NHL was back, yes eh! Nash must be excited, the NHL is back! Didn't remember where exactly where he is from because I wanted to clown his local NHL team. I wiki it real quick, and it said South Africa. So I told Nash to go back to Africa where he comes from. I think that confused the hell out of the black people behind me.

For the ones calling out for Bill to be fired, puh leeeeeeeeeeease. Bunch of noobs never got to hear the good stuff.

10. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

Worrel's ugly game big t*** comments trumps the Taiwan Step

11. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I heard him throughout the yao era. In the beginning, with the coach. Forgot the coach's name. Went to a WNBA team and won a title there. I'm not a newbie Rockets fan. Just a newbie here on clutchfans. Fire Worrell! Worse commentator out of all teams. Even the Bucks commentators are better than him!

12. howo13579

howo13579 Member

No big deal but can't blame people for feeling offended. Lin is American and Yao is Chinese but everyone thinks he's straight out of Tawain and not California for some reason. Euro step is Euro step because it was first used by European players. Imagine how black community would react if they single out Harden's move as Nigerian dribble.

13. catch22

catch22 Member

lin is American, shut the taiwanese crap. should we call obama a Keynian?

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Because he is Asian

15. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I didn't mean to fire Bill Worrell because he specifically calls Lin Taiwanese or Yao Chinese or anything. I just wanted him gone because he is SOOOO bad. Boring, always saying ummm, uhhh. It's like dude, come on, you're a broadcaster! You can't say uhhh, ummm like every other sentence. I could go on there too and say uhhhh, ummm..."Weelll Clyde!" Sheesh.

16. il italiano

il italiano Member

people need to relax. i was born in america but also consider myself italian because that is my heritage, which i am very proud of. Lin is an american but his heritage is taiwanese. There is nothing more to it. people are just trying to make something out of nothing.

17. cheifbootknocka

Not sure if any of your parents explained this to you on your first day of kindergarden, but people tease each other. It doesn't necessarily mean they hate each other, but they find things about each other to poke a little fun at, THATS JUST WHAT WE DO. If you work somewhere where nobody is teasing anyone else, EVER, that means nobody likes anybody else. You see, when you're comfortable with people it's ok to tease and joke around because even though two guys might be ranking on each other, they are actually cool with each other and just havin a laugh. If Jeremy doesn't have a problem with it than neithershould anyone else because he's the one Billis talkin about. It sucked losing Calvin (especially over some lies his rotten kids made up to extort him) but losing Bill would take me a long time gettin over. Kind of like when Gene and Jim went off the air for good.

18. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Bill's really old. Btw, what's up with Bullard and Worrell jumping all over Lin for making a perfect pass to Morris that Morris fumbled out of bounds? Would have been a layup. Bullard kept saying there were players open on the perimeter, but I rewatched and there was no one open. And when is a long 3-pointer better than a layup?

19. Gil

Gil Member

It's obviously racist, Lin is American first.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wow, your boss should fire you for wanting Worrell fired. In fact, he should literally set you on fire. The man is a legend in Houston and I want to hear him doing rockets games until the day I die.

And yes, you're still a noob, possible graduating noob, If you started watching with Yao.