1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN's Rob Parker asks if Robert Griffin III is a "cornball brother"

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by So Good, Dec 13, 2012.

1. So Good

So Good Member

ESPN First Take: Rob Parker asks if Robert Griffin III is a "brother or a cornball brother." How does this guy still have a job?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pl5sHu_cvDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...-a-cornball-brother-because-of-white-fiancee/

Some of the incidents Mr. Rob Parker has been through in his "journalistic" career.

"1- Once called Hank Aaron a coward for being in attendance when Barry Bonds broke his home run record.

2- Erroneously reported that Kirk Cousins who was at Michigan State at the time was in a fight with some hockey players when he was at church with his parents (Parker was suspended over that).

3- Questioned then Lions head coach Rod Marinelli about Lions DC Joe Barry, Marinelli’s son-in-law, inquiring whether Marinelli wished that his daughter had “married a better defensive coordinator. (he resigned after that).

4- Flirts in a unprofessional manner with 1st Take host Cari Champion bringing flowers and gifts on the set."

I honestly want to understand, (take race out of it) if a guy comes from a good family, stays out of trouble and is engaged to his college girlfriend, that makes him a fraud??

1 person likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

RG3 does love him some cornballs.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jesus. That video was painful to watch. Fire that guy and cancel that show. First Take is so bad that I don't even want to watch ESPN at all anymore.

I just wish I could have heard what SAS was going to say.*

*Never said that before!

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

That is terrible. What an idiot.

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Very painful to watch. And now, because of the hoopla from this, it will be something RGIII will be asked about and people will talk about. Stupid.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He should be fired like ESPN did to Rush Limbaugh. If they don't then ESPN has a double standard.

7. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

MadMax is a cornball brother.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

ESPN is a stain on the sports world. It would be much better off if Bristol, CT, was hit by an asteroid.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ps6mpuJuF54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Rush (A white man) questioned whether a black person was smart enough to play QB in the NFL.

This guy (A black man) is wondering if RG3 is "black enough".

Not exactly the same thing, but yeah... ESPN is probably going to be the white devil if they fire him.

11. Commodore

Of course, stuff said by blacks or about whites gets a pass.

I remember this, no consequences for Bob Ryan.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...tourney04/2004-03-21-vanderbilt-ncstate_x.htm

When Rush says the media hyped McNabb because they were overanxious to see a black QB do well, he had to go (even though it was just Rush accusing the media of racial bias, that makes him racist).

12. Commodore

Amazing how this falsehood is so casually and willfully perpetuated.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well, Parker has a point. RGIII has a white girlfriend, and seems to hang out with white friends in college (just a guess based on a few pictures I saw him in)

Not saying this is bad, but RGIII doesn't seem like he is proud to be black. You look at Chris Paul, and I say he's proud to be black.

What would you say about a white person who always hangs out with black people?

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Nothing?:confused:

15. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Oh. Em. Gee.

How is this guy better than people who assume someone is an illegal because they look Hispanic?

Disgusting. ESPN ought to fire him and send a message about their respect for human values and gross mischaracterization of people.

16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I'd say he probably has a sweet jump shot.

[​IMG]

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't even know what that bolded part means with regards to Chris Paul. Please enlighten.

Back to RG3... this, to me, is a stupid thing to "debate." Anyone who raises this topic as if it's an actual "issue" loses my respect. But if someone wants to debate it, I won't stop them. I'll just passive-aggressively insult them. :)

But why would they talk about it on First Take? It is a completely inappropriate topic and is entirely unrelated to anything a sports commentary show should be talking about, at least IMO. That is my issue with it.

#17 Haymitch, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  18. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

that was hard to watch

he should be gone

19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

When you make Stephen A. Smith uncomfortable, you really said something stupid.

20. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I hear ignorant, mentally insulting talk like this at the barbershop from time to time. Most times I have to constrain myself from giving them a piece of my mind and starting an argument I have no business in, knowing that it is such a base argument it isn't even worthy of my energy.

It is utterly dumbfounding to me to see someone carry the same conversation into a national TV studio. Ugh. People like Rob Parker represent the complete antithesis of everything Martin Luther King Jr. fought and died for.

1 person likes this.