1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN's Britt McHenry is a meanie!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Let me get this right.... Very attractive and conservative socialite doesn't like to socialize with liberal, equally self absorbed Northwestern class mates? Color me shocked... so Britt gets the job at ESPN, the classmates don't but we are supposed to believe their is no jealousy? Yet they hate her so much that they are Facebook friends... and they are the ones gossiping about her? Yeah... Powerful stuff Deadspin.

I don't know, Britt could be a horrible person and I don't condone what she said.... but this thing is being overblown.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

People reference the yelp reviews and customer reviews but I assume being the nature of their busiess, there aren't many positive reviews about companies that tow your car. I could be completely wrong though.

3. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

This lady should be permanently off the air. Then she won't feel so superior to everyone who isn't on TV.

4. Raven

Raven Member

She should be fired.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'd like to hear more dirt on the towing company. They seem to have shady towing practices. While Britt did go Mean Girls on the tow clerk, those clerks aren't generally saints, either. They're usually rude, combative, and defensive of the towing company. Give us the full unedited video and we can see how the clerk responds to Britt.

6. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

tow companies are in a sleazy business. who knows how many interactions led to this blow up - ya mchenry is a B... find me one beautiful woman that isn't

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

A towing company on Yelp? LOL.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

She left her car in the lot overnight. Legit tow

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

You left out the the complaints the BBB dealt with regarding the company, 37 of which they didnt even bother to reply to.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So, in the thread "What does your S.O. do better than you?" The majority of us sad "Complain to Customer Support"

But then we don't let Brit do it. They analyzed this to death on Howard Stern. It was pretty 50/50. Many thought the Tow Company employee was the b**** first, and Brit just went into her. Plus, the vid has been edited. We don't know if this is in chronological order, fwiw

1 person likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

She's a b#tch
    Towing companies are rife with scumbaggery

Why 147-whatever posts to come to this conclusion?

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

In all fairness, BBB is a cartel that should not be trusted.

14. Buck Turgidson

I thought you liked big black berthas?

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

She doesnt have to insult and say things about the looks of the other person.
    but also I dont agree that she should be fired, this happened outside of her workplace, so what if if you yell at someone in store or when you are going to get your car back, they record you, and show it to your boss?

I bet tons of people yell and insult when they going to get their car (even if its legally towed) do they get fired from the jobs too?

but like I said I dont condone what she said, and she shouldnt say anything about the looks of the other girl.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

but her job is different in that she's on TV and her face represents ESPN. In the tv business, how people perceive you can dramatically impact your reception and that directly impacts viewership. Doing this actually affects her job performance due to how people will react seeing her on tv.

17. dback816

dback816 Member

Every insult she made would have been interpreted as racial.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

haha got to hear their take. i need to catch up though, im on the janurary shows right now

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did you hear there is a new Gary tape out to an ex-gf. That is golden.

20. SuraGotMadHops

This kind of stuff really breaks my heart. I absolutely hate it when folks demean people who have low end jobs.

If you're angry about what happened, go ahead and cause a scene if you feel like you have to (even though you will make yourself look stupid). Part of their job, especially a job like that, is dealing with angry customers, but don't make it personal and take shots against the worker.

1 person likes this.