1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPNDALLAS: Rockets don't miss Parsons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Captain Hook, Nov 5, 2014.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Read the comments if you want a good ole Dallas v. Houston war.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Parsons is like that girlfriend who thinks she's all that so she breaks up with you claiming she could do better (be a superstar in Dallas) only to realize her mistake afterward when she's with a douche (Cuban and the city of Dallas) and she sees you having a great time with someone better suited for you (Ariza). Now she gets all jealous and defensive so she pretends that other girl doesn't exist.

3. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Parsons will be a good fit for the Dallas offense. His defense is still a weakness.

Regardless, Ariza is exactly the type of player you envision putting on the wing next to a ball dominate scoring guard like Harden. I think Dallas overpaid but i guess I understand. They're all in until Dirk retires and they swung and missed last few off-seasons on Dwight and Dwill. They overpaid but they almost had too. I mean Lance Stephenson and Ellis as a duo is a little worrying. Two knuckleheads. Also, Lance shooting consistency makes CP25's shooting look like bird.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think casual Mavs fans have a good reason to like Parsons and his salary. They see PPG and think that's the whole story. Good for them.

Personally, I think a slashing, decent shooter, non-defender at SF has value in this league but it isn't $15 million per. Not only is Ariza a better fit for the Rockets, he is a better fit for most teams. Three and D is the name of the game at SF unless you have All Star talent. Parsons does not.

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Ariza fits the bill, bottom line is I'll live with ariza struggling (if he does) with the money he's making rather then seeing parsons struggle with his ludicrous contact.

6. Andrew Wiggins

I just dont inderstand what he is paid the max for. It cant be his defense, so it must be his offense. But he cant create his own shot. When was the last time an offensive player got paid the max who could not create his own shot?

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Parsons is not being paid max because of his skills.

Parsons is being paid the max because from Cuban's perspective, thats the kind of contract that it would have taken for him to pry Parsons away from the Rockets or screw them.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He's very good on the fast break, he's super crafty there, almost harden like. Heck, Hayward is pretty good at making plays so you somewhat can understand how he got his money....

9. bilease

bilease Member

No, they see Parsons at 15m because Dirk only took 7m instead of 20m and Monta the year before took 7m instead of 15m. These 3 combined for that salary is a great deal, you need to admit that. Parson only got that contract to prevent Morey matching it, and it was possible because others took paycuts for it. Not really lost/wasted cap space then.

10. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Parsons knows he misses these "dirty streets" of Houston.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If someone offers you $10 off on your meal, do you voluntarily pay an extra $10 for the wine?

The whole point of being given an advantage in opportunity cost is to utilize it, not piss it away

12. bilease

bilease Member

Well if I only have 20$ and the meal is 20$ alone, which means I cant afford the additional 10$ wine I wouldnt give away my advantage when someone offers me meal + wine for 20$. I'd still benefit.

13. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

It had been reported that Ariza already had a standing contract offer from Cuban, with the understanding that it will be signed only if the Rockets matched the offer sheet to Parsons. Ultimately, fate of Parsons and Ariza was up to Morey. If Morey matched the contract to Parsons, Ariza immediately goes to Dallas. If he doesn't match the contract to Parsons, Ariza goes to Houston.

The rest is history.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Streets are cleaner now his skanky butt is gone ;)

15. Aleron

It's not $10 wine that you just paid $10 for, why not pay $5?, that's the point

They are independent scenarios, not dependent (such as having to take Felton in order to get Tyson)

And it wasn't like they couldn't have spent the money properly, they could have had Stephenson for $5m less, but of course Chandler's contract wasn't about wanting him, it was about trying to screw Houston.

#55 Aleron, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Is that so? I remember Ariza came to an agreement with the Rox a day before Parsons deadline was up.

17. Aleron

It wasnt Ariza, it was Lance Stephenson

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So far, the thing I've seen Chandler Parsons bring from Houston is the whole &quot;Do a lot of standing around&quot;</p>&mdash; Mavs Moneyball (@mavsmoneyball) <a href="https://twitter.com/mavsmoneyball/status/530590444959584257">November 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

He paid him max b/c Parsons is going to help turn them into........

20. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I like Parsons' offense. But it's pretty eye-opening to see 10 Rockets players, including Harden, bust their tails on defense for 48 minutes ... and then watch Parsons mail it in.

Come on, Chandler. If the ball's in play, you have to be, too.