1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Windhorst: LeBron is Burning Inside

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Oct 21, 2010.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

All the teams played the same number of games in the season, there was not an advantage for the Spurs because it was the lockout, why do you have to put an asterisk.

So just because Jordan retired, the Rockets title doesnt count? then all the titles before and after Jordan doesnt count, because he didnt play?

If Miami wins the title, it will be because they were the best team, no need to argue anything, unless the refs really want to see the Heat winning.

2. Zackery

Zackery Member

Lebron just needs to be quite and play. I mean he is the best player on the planet so his playing will do the talking for him.

It seems like he is emotionally hurt because the public don't like him anymore like they did when he first entered the league. He is now asking for pity.

Just shut up and play.

3. MONON

MONON Member

I hope Bosh & Wade are equally movtivated. With all 3 of them hell bent on showing the world who's right, it should be a good fight for the basketball. Stern may have to change the rules to allow more than 1 basketball in a game to accomidate the Heat. The only way those 3 can prove everybody wrong, is to swallow their egos & play together as a team. I don't hear that from them. I hear too much "I" and not enough "WE"!

4. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Sounds like he great a multitasking, but can he focus? There's lots of people that can do many things at once, but can't do any one thing extremely well. We'll see.

He has set himself up for failure and success at the same time. If he win's it all everyone will say, he was suppose too, he had a stacked team. At the same time if they don't win it all, he should of and won't have any excuses, falling short.

Btw the way, he will not ever be as great as M.J. or the Dream for that matter. Those guys "Willed" their teams to championships. Lebron just wants to float there in his fancy boat.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Good post. I agree with mostly everything you said.

6. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

I dont have a problem with LeBron playing for the heat, I think that was just a very smart decision made by him for his career. If you want to win a championship, the best thing to do is play on a team that will give you the best possible shot. It's not like he didn't try in cleveland, he spent 7 years there and literally put them on the map. The Cavs wouldn't even have been a blip on anyone's radar and the city of cleveland wouldnt have been on anybody's mind if it wasn't for LeBron.

Now, the thing that I dont agree with (and I suspect most people also) is the way that he made the decision. If he would've just went to the management and told them straight up that he's not going to play for them when his contract is over, instead of putting on a 1 hour "decision" special on ESPN, I think that the national sentiment would've been much different. I think that instead of people hating on LeBron, there would be a lot of love for the Heat as this clearly seems to the be the team to beat, atleast on paper.

Now, having said that, I think that the eastern conference finals will be between the Magic and Celtics.

Either way, it should be an exciting season.

7. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Lebron comes off as an immature brat.

I think his reasons for acting like this is his insecurities, he knows he will never be Mike or even Kobe for that matter. He instead became a follower and did it in such a distasteful manner that I have no sympathy for him.

Good luck being a follower!

8. johnfitz55

johnfitz55 Member

This was his first and only post on Clutchfans. He registered for the sole purpose of sharing the wonder of this comment. That really happened.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I'm lost on how he's taking the easy road considering that I can't think of more than 5 title teams from the last 30 years that didn't have as much, if not more talent on the roster compared to this years Heat team. I guess Kobe should have told LA that he didn't want 2 seven footers, Odom and Artest??

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

retweeting random posts is stupid. Have you ever looked at comments at the bottom of news articles all over the internet (e.g., chron.com)? Those are a million times worse. Anonymity has unleashed a new wave of racism in this country.

11. MD_in_Training

If you can't see the difference between Lebron jumping ship to a loaded team, and Kobe staying put while his management built a championship team around him, then there's really no discussion to be had.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I tried watching a miami game, it was awfully boring, and they didn't even win.

I don't know how things will change with Wade in the lineup, but James hogged the ball like he did at Cleveland and since Bosh can't defend and is a mediocre rebounder, made Bosh look like a useless scrub through simply lack of offensive possession.

13. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

OK, idiot, you win. Stupid Post of the Year. Congrats.

Why in the world would there be an asterisk next to Lebron? Or the Rockets? Or the Spurs? How about a little history, moron?

** Jordan did not win a championship until 1991- but he did play in the league for several years before that. Should we put asterisks on the Lakers, Celtics, and Pistons championships?

** Question: did all teams in the 1998-1999 season play the exact same amount of playoff games as in other seasons? Answer: Yes.

** So, if Lebron gets an asterisk next to his championship, what you're saying is that any player who has left via free agency and joined another team that went on to win a championship- that team should put an asterisk next to their title? Well, then they also need to do it for every team that brought in players via trade who then went on to help said team win a championship. Matter of fact, if any team drafted players out of college who then went on to help said team win a championship, then that team should put an asterisk, too, because drafts are in the lottery format and luck shouldn't be a determining factor in a championship.

So, here's what the record book would look like, according to you, for the last 10 years:

2010- Lakers *
    2009- Lakers **
    2008- Celtics ***
    2007- Spurs ****
    2006- Heat *****
    2005- Spurs ******
    2004- Pistons *******
    2003- Spurs ********
    2002- Lakers *********
    2001- Lakers **********

*- Gasol trade
    ** - Gasol trade
    *** - Garnett trade
    ****- Barry free agent
    *****- Officiating
    *******- Horry free agent
    *******- Wallace trade
    ********- Parker and Ginobilli draft picks
    *********- Shaq free agent
    **********- Shaq free agent

So, by your incredibly stupid logic, we should just put asterisks next to every single champion each year. Better yet:

NBA*

Brilliant, Einstein. What thought you put into your analysis. Very glad you didn't trot out the same cliches that ignorant sports fans have been spouting out for years. Way to be original!!!!!!

14. J-Man

J-Man Member

who cares?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

15. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

maybe that's why he's burning "inside."

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Kobe stayed put because he couldn't force a trade to a team with enough talent to contend.*The only "difference" is you are trying to discount a player choosing to play with talent as opposed to one choosing to stay with talent. Talent is talent, and the Lakers are arguably more stacked than Miami so unless you are going to discount Kobe for winning with a stacked hand then it sounds silly to discount anyone else for it.

Magic and Bird won with 2 HOF players but Bron is cheap for going to war with Wade and Bosh? Child please.