1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Windhorst: LeBron is Burning Inside

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Oct 21, 2010.

1. macho87

macho87 Member

"LeBron is burning inside"

D. Wade should really use lubrication next time.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

espn already looking for a jim rome replacement

3. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

If Lebron's burning inside and it's still just the pre-season, I wonder how he's going to feel losing to the Magic tomorrow and the Celtics on Tuesday?

4. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

He can average 40ppg, 12rpg, and 11 apg, make DPoY, MVP, All-Star Game MVP, and Finals MVP all this season. I will STILL not like him.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

watching the heat fail will be up there with stockton/malone never winning a championship.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol you guys are just fueling his fire. why do you think kobe turns it up so much? because he too knows how its feels to be hated by everyone.

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Yikes, that certainly came out of nowhere!! :eek:

8. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Wait. So Lebron can multitask telecommunications devices and he knows what is going to happen next in a basketball game?

This truly is where amazing happens!

I am more impressed with the journalist who wrote this piece while jocking so hard.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Sure, but if you have any appreciation for greatness and understanding of basketball history, you'd have to respect him.

10. durvasa

11. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

You should start a thread about it.

12. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I honestly don't think so. He and his "global icon" machine got to the point where they figured he was the most beloved figure on the planet and could do no wrong.

When you're so wrapped up in a cocoon of sycophants, you lose touch with reality. It's why Tiger didn't get that he'd be creamed with a backlash of barbed wire for sleeping around. Barry Bonds didn't get that people hated him because he insulted everyone with his condescending lying, not because he was juicing or he was black.

Americans love greatness, but the greats better at least be good at pretending they're humble. If we get a whiff of them believing their own hype, we're going to 180 and hate them like no tomorrow.

LeBron looked bad when he quit on the Cavs against Boston. He looked worse soaking up the FA suspense. He looked really bad when he decided to throw himself an ESPN special. He looked awful by not having the decency to tell the Cavs first. He kept killing his image by refusing to acknowledge Cleveland or his fans in Ohio immediately during/after. The MTV-style debut party showcase was pretty tasteless.

And he decided to throw down the race card over it.

I don't hate him, I appreciate what he does on the court and don't honestly care about his image or if he's a nice guy behind the scenes. I met him once and found him to be impressively mature and classy (as opposed to Carmelo and Boozer who were deadbeat assholes at a charity event). But I don't have any real sympathy right now, similar to Roger Clemens. You reap what you sow.

13. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

If LeBron wins a championship, it will be right up there with the Spurs in the lockout season, or the Rockets when Jordan was playing baseball. The big difference is that he's got full responsiblity for the asterick everyone will want to put next to it.

14. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Millions of people.

15. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Best thing Lebron could do right now is fire his publicity team. "The Decision" was extra dumb.

16. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

[​IMG]

17. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

If you respect numbers, you'll respect his achievements.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's almost like LeBron is deliberately trying to incite hatred. I don't believe he is, but his apparent cluelessness takes my breath away.

I love sports drama and have to admit the idea of watching LeBron's season end in disappointment is very appealing right now. He seriously needs to hire professional advisors and fire the losers he has now.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

None of those deserve an Astrix. It's not the Spurs fault they won in a lockout year. The Rockets didn't make MJ retire. And why exactly do the Heat get an astrik IF they win a title? Oh, because they're the best team? Wow, that never happens. I bet if Houston put a super Team together, you guys wouldn't be b****ing one bit.

20. durvasa

Uhm ... what? The main reason the Heat look so formidable right now is because LeBron is such a great player. He made a rather scrubby Cleveland team a 60+ win title contender. So people are expecting great things with him on the Heat.

Saying he should be fully responsible for the asterisk on his championship is like saying, "It doesn't count because he's too good." How ridiculous is that? You guys are tacitly acknowledging that LeBron is so great that he should somehow restrict himself from playing alongside NBA stars.