1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[espn]Wells reportedly won't play for Rockets again in '07

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Riz, Apr 10, 2007.

1. rocketsmetalspd

I don't think the inflow of players wanting to play here ever came true as what CD said a while back. My guess is not because of T-Mac and Yao but JVG being coach has kept the players of coming to H-Town. As for Bonzi I wish him well next year.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that and the rockets dont really have money to throw around.

but lets look at some situations. bonzi could have gone elsewhere, he came here. DA, same. granted both are worthless, but they chose to come here.

3. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Nah, you don't want a quiter on your team.

4. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

Could mcgrady restructure his deal so that frees up money for free agents? I remember KG doing it a few years back but I wasn't sure if Mcgrady was capable. I doubt he would though, the price of jet fuel is climbing these days.

5. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

I think what upset Bonzi was that JVG asked him to wear a Power Dancer uniform after his cheerleader comment. And he is right in that it would probably reduce our chances of winning. :)

6. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Sick the jvg haters can free bonzi of blame for this to further their 'cause'

I said it in another post... if Bonzi's act sways other Slack Jaker's from coming here then that may be his best contribution to the team all season.

7. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Bonzi is a cancer to what ever team he goes to. He will always be a locker room distraction.

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

This is pathetic...A crappy end to what we all thought was a great signing...What a cancer...

Don't let the door hit ya, where the god lord split ya... :eek:

9. Sextuple Double

We don't have time to cry and b!tch about this. We have blood to spill in the playoffs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I don't get it, Bonzi finally gets PT with this team and now suddenly doesn't want to 'disrupt team chemistry' ? I think he just can't stand JVG or something. Oh well, it's a shame we weren't able to use him in the playoffs. On the other hand, we can expect Head and Snyder to develop more

11. garygai

garygai Member

Good for V-Span ,though.

Besides, K-S with similar size ,leaping ability,and shooting ability,can do whatever wells can do.

Let's forget Bomb Wells and focus on our playoff.

Do u guys think Novak should get a chance to play in playoff? He is our only reliable 3-point shooter ,besides Head and Mac.

V-Span and him are the future of Houston Rocket.

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

So that means he gets playing time??

No, you stick with what has been working... our 8 man rotation and throw in the occasional Snyder/Lucas situational substitutions.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

He's a quitter. No way around that. He quit on the team. He could have kept a positive attitude, played out the remainder of the season, probably fit somewhere in the rotation for the playoffs, and actually contributed then. It's not his job to determine how well he is contributing...it is the coach's job. If coach thinks he hurts the team, then he won't play him. Bonzi is trying to act like he's doing everyone a favor or something. Gee...thanks.

I think his absence will hurt our depth off the bench. He let his coaches and teammates down. Hell, he let us all down. ***.

14. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

you don't get it? it's really simple. while he was in jvg's dog house he had an excuse for this situation. now, when given the opportunity to shine, he had no excuses anymore. he realized what even until now the luffy1s of this bbs have not realized. it was not jvg that was the cause for his situation. it was his own fault. everytime he entered the court you saw an overweight and overhyped basketball player playing like crap. he sucked big time even when he tried (you've got to admit that he tried while he was on the court). and after he got his millionth chance, finally, he realized that he could not bring it. so he quits the team to save his free agency chances. don't be fooled. he never planned to play in houston. he wanted to use the rockets to get himself a bigger contract when he had no other choice. it would have even worked out for him if he would have shown at least some professionalism. but it was always about him and not about the team or this unique chance for him. it's really sad but unfortunately this situation was a strong possibility from the beginning. the rockets had no other choice, though. they didn't have the money to get the 3rd scorer that would make them an elite team. so you can't blame the management for this low risk deal.

now that it's clear to everyone that it didn't play out it's time to move on. we still have kirk snyder. he's obviously not a star in the making but he hasn't played up to his potential after his injury, either. go kirk.

15. Joe Rz

Joe Rz Member

It was a battle of two wills and JVG won.JVG finally broke him but instead of Bonzi conforming he quit.

16. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

The real story will come out next year when he moves on to another team and tells his side. Who knows...maybe JVG will be the TNT broadcaster interviewing him for his side next year. ;)

17. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

If we make it to the WCF can we somehow convince Bonzi to be the X-Factor and win it all?

18. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Uhmmm... what happens if he exercises his player option for 07-08? He could be eligible for the Matt Maloney award...

<sighs>

19. AGBee

AGBee Member

Box of donuts + case of beer + 4 wheeler + Bonzi = Duncan in a wheel chair?

20. Head9

Head9 Member

So, we spent our mid-class on JL3, Vspan, Wells, basiclly got nothing in return, I can see why our 1st choice is to get MJ now.