1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN website: Cavs offer Silas job - Silas to accept possibly by Monday

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BubbaMac, Jun 1, 2003.

Tags:
  1. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

ESPN website: Cavs offer Silas job

There isn't a link for the article yet. Does this mean its Gumby time?

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I seriously think we fans need a rest now:p

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

this is a good fit for the cavs. Silas gets respect from his players and trust from his players.. he went far with the hornets despite injuries and what not. Van Gundy must be looking at the Rockets right now since he practically turned down the Cleveland job to try and get the Rockets' job.

4. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Wow, you are right, in the up left corner of ESPN frontpage.

JVG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I need a rest now, What a day!!!!

5. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

So what is JVG going to do now? He doesn't seem to be a candidate for any job except for the Rockets. So its either TNT or the Rockets.

Leslie and Carroll (who would name their son's these names?) - stop dilly dallying around and make up your mind! No more of this going into a second phase evaluation, targeting our final choices, blah, blah. Don't miss the boat!

6. fatman510

fatman510 Member

WOAH!...jeez everything is just blowing my mind right now.
    It must mean that maybe Les does have something up his sleeve with JVG.
    Hmmm, I cant really decide between JVG and Dunleavy.

7. steddinotayto

what's funny is that they're making this out to be an exact science---dragging it out and pacing themselves--while all it really takes is to address the teams strengths and weaknesses, see what coaches can improve the strength and eliminate the weakness....seriously...it's not that hard...especially when you had Larry Brown and every other coach drooling over the job.

8. steddinotayto

I have a feeling that Les had nothing up his sleeve. he's just sitting around seeing which coach wants it more...and when the coaches gets tired of that...then Les will have really screwed the franchise. He was hands off before with player acquistions...and i feel he should either make a move now or continue to be a hands-off owner.

9. dn1282

dn1282 Member

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Wasn't it a report earlier this week about VanGundy taking the Cavs job? When these coaches sign their name, i'll believe it. Until then, i don't buy it.

11. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

This just goes to show you how unreliable ESPN is. I mean, speculation is all well and good if it's on the bulletin boards, but the press??? c'mon. I can think of a lot of adjectives to describe the kind of journalism ESPN is doing (e.g. irresponsible, sensational, misleading, etc.) but there is a fine line btw "predictions" and flat-out "speculation". One week or two weeks ago, all we heard was how JVG and the Cavs were a done deal.... courtesy of ESPN. No matter how eager these writers/reporters may be to get the "inside story", ESPN flat out should not be publishing unverifiable claims under the guise of "factual done deals." Ethically, that's just not right.

Contrast that with say, the writers for Clutchcity.net, who are 100x more responsible. cc.net writers write only what they know and make a point of stating what pure speculation. If the topic touches upon "insider information" that may not be verifiable, cc.net doesn't go there. How come more sports news sites can't be equally responsible????

:mad:

theSAGE

12. fatman510

fatman510 Member

clutchcity rocks...unfortunately not every site is like clutchcity:(

13. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I really would have taken Silas over Van Gundy. I think I would take Van Gundy over Dunleavy. I cannot believe I am endorsing Van Gundy.

I really would like Carlisle- it would be an upgrade over Rudy and he is a "pointy headed" technician with the X's and O's.

Les - pony up the money immediately for Carlisle...

Do not settle for Van Gundy...or Dunleavy...

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I wonder if Balki's pride is wounded because Cousin Larry got an offer from the Rockets and he didn't (officially). If I were him, I would go back to broadcasting and wait for Jackson to burn out in LA, or for Riley to get run out of Miami.

Question: Wasn't Daly fired from the Pistons shortly after winning his rings? Wasn't Collins fired despite making the playoffs? Have they always had the same trigger-happy ownership group?

15. Houkom

Houkom Member

To correct the flaws plaguing this rocket team, I see two favorites:

Carlisle and Silas.

Especially Silas should command respect from our players.

Something, I'm not sure Van Gundy, Brown would have done.

I really don't want any Van gundy, when you see what his New york team accomplished, I don't know if he could do better with this Rocket squad.

16. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

According to Clutch's front page story, it sounds like the Rockets have already puy an offer on the table for Larry Brown & are just waiting for his decision on Monday.

17. ymc

ymc Member

Wow! Now we are either JVG or Rick Carlisle

Both are nice choices! :D I think we will have a bright future after all.

Screw Larry Brown! :mad: :mad: :mad:

18. ymc

ymc Member

19. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Merged RocDreamer's thread into this one and changed title...