1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN / Watkins] Harden, Howard and Rockets face uncertainty

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Apr 27, 2016.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

At least they aren't soft on the team like the Chronicle is outside of Solomon (who sucks).

This city is soft when it comes to team reporters and hard questions/articles

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Same.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

But the delusionals showed me a picture of Dwight and Harden sitting together and said everything is fine.

4. MistaK

MistaK Member

That's your opinion! Harden (and other players) saying he wants Howard to be more assertive, Harden saying he needs help (at the end of last season), Harden recruiting Dwight, Harden not having an issue being 6th man behind Durant and Westbrook.

All of those things happened - nothing here makes me think he wants to be the only star or has an issue sharing the spotlight.

If Harden doesn't want to feed Dwight the ball (which may or not be the case) in the post, that is his right - everybody who watches Howard, knows that he is horrible at post-ups and Harden likely knows it too. If Howard wants to get easy lobs, play the pnr then, he too, has to work for it. He doesn't always do it (Why does it seem to work with every other big Harden plays with?).

Clearly Harden is more than happy to get him the ball. This series, they have done so more than they have in a long time and coincidently Howard (in stretches in this series at least) has looked way more engaged than he has in a long time.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Didnt Artest get in trouble for missing the rockets team bus?

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I guess when u get 200 m from Adidas u become a diva and players get jealous bye bye Howard

7. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is not good that Harden travels separately from the team and it is not good that Howard isn't communicating openly with the team in team meetings but instead yapping about respect and the ball behind their backs.

8. boiler

boiler Member

Good questions. I don't know why they let him do that.

9. sabesque

sabesque Member

Pat Bev currently has a snap of him, smoove and james singing a song on the team bus on his snapchat story right now.

It'd be one thing if James was traveling separately. Watkins even said he's trying to get to shootaround at a specific time.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Me too, but then again, neither does kobe. That guy takes a personal chopper to the games. Granted, theyre home games.

Dave Chapelle said it best, "Shouldve never gave yall n*ggas money."

Crazy how he just did a interview talking about his 'humble' beginnings too.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This owner coddles his star players. Les always wants to be best friends with his stars. It's a garbage culture.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jvg will be announced as HC around this time next week.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

that was posted yesterday before or after their practice. it doesn't change what is being said here for game day

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

This is BS...Harden isn't the 1st..not saying his perfect but HOWARD hasn't done anything to gain respect this year. Howard has a track record of causing mayhem when it comes to team chemistry. Please go

15. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Is it just me or does Watkins write like a messy middle schooler?

It's just a terribly written article stuffed with needless innuendo and finger-pointing. It's tabloid garbage.

We get it. This team is being held together loosely by a string. Harden won't ride the team bus because he's aloof; Howard is a man-child in steep decline who's passive-aggressive act has grown old with vets.

How many times, in how many different ways, can the same script be written by ESPN?

Who's to say, but Watkins certainly sucks.

1 person likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uncertainty? no. It's certain Howard is leaving.

17. Sanity2disChaos

What a mess...SMH. Any chance we win tonight?!!

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

A lot of media outlets and the twitterverse will jump on the "Harden diva" angle and continue to throw shade, but the real meat of the article is the Harden/Howard dynamic and WHY they aren't meshing.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree. Harden lets you do whatever you want to do if you're aggressive and assertive. It's the reason Parsons played well and why Lin sometimes struggled.

Harden will let you have free reign of the offense while he does nothing at the top of the key. If he would just help a little working off the ball (this doesn't help Dwight much, I'm just saying).

I always wondered if Dwight says anything in practice about when, how or where he wants the ball. From this article is it seems like he doesn't. Now I'm wondering if he just expects these knuckleheads to just know what to do. No wonder they have no Idea what they are doing when they feed the post. He needs the guards to be on the same page and that starts in practice. It's too late now.. The passive aggression did us in..

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

this precisely. the diva comment doesn't even hold up given the weight being placed regarding his focus on his craft. It's frankly a disappointing comment from CW.

A player has a routine - sticks to routine - let's body guard / assistant handle body guard / assitant duty - now he's a diva. Not sure calvin understands the definition of the word.