1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN / Watkins] A sitdown with Rockets owner Leslie Alexander, GM Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Nov 18, 2015.

1. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Les is one of us. Ain't color coding *****. Put up or shut up players.

2. AXG

AXG Member

I agree with Les 100%. The team's vibe just wasn't there.

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

He's our highest paid player. We may end up trading him but i'd rather not. He must play on these back to backs. They can limit his minutes to make it work.

4. PeppermintCandy

It's not like I'm that attached to McHale (I personally thought there should've been a coaching change two seasons ago), but this firing felt too much like an owner getting pissed off and demanding a change. It doesn't seem like a decision to be made in the heat of the moment, but just going by Alexander's words, it sounds like that's what happened.

I guess I'll keep hoping to see the concrete Plan B they had in mind when they made the move.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Quite possibly the most mesmerizing/sobering thing I've heard from an owner in quite some time.

1 person likes this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Les signed off extending McHale last year. He should kick himself for that rather than sounding all indignant about the mess now.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Derp, wrong thread.

8. dmoneybangbang

Then the problem is deeper than coaching, but coaching would still be addressed in the offseason. I imagine the Rockets are hoping consistency will right the ship, albeit, consistency with a better mind for head coaching.

9. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I like Les's comments but I'm worried for Morey. Anything less than a Conference Finals appearance and he might be out.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

While I do not agree with everything Les does, I can appreciate his desire and commitment to winning.

A lot of other franchises and fans would kill for that.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I understand Les' frustration and even firing McHale, but does he honestly believe that JB is the answer??!? If Rockets are in championship hunt and defense and effort is the number one problem, how is a first time head coach going to get you over the hump? A bigger players coach, e.g. Enabler, than McHale even.

Les needs a disciplinarian who lives and breathes defense and accountability. Thibs is the right choice, and he's proven it with the Rockets as well as the Bulls. Both Yao and Harden have given him credit for improving their game and focus.

12. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

You have to give JB a shot though. You can't make him a lame-duck coach. How would the team respond to him then?

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I definitely see a ripple between Morey and Alexander. I think Morey's last season is this season. We don't resign Howard for the ridiculous $25 plus mln yearly. We have to upgrade our PF and PG positions.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

this is false.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

chasing a third superstar put the rockets in this mess

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is accurate, Morey was demanding that Finch get added to his staff, and he wanted to choose his coaching staff.

DD

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This is true.

18. battousai

battousai Member

Bottomline is when the organization is keeping JB who was an assisant under McHale for so many years you know one thing is true.

The system that McHale wanted the team the run is sound and it will continues to be run that way. There may be a little tweet here and there, but McHale isnt the guy to be blamed. He is the easier target to be blamed.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yes, Adelman (surprisingly) wanted to stay on as Rockets coach, wouldn't have Finch, yada, yada, wasn't resigned. JVG was offered an opportunity to discuss a new contract, wanted time to think, and had the offer revoked.

We haven't actually fired a coach in 25+ years. Until now.

20. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

I'm just glad to get their feelings on the team so far this season because I desperately needed to know. I agree with the dismissal of Coach McHale - though being a nice guy, he was the not the right coach for this team - and I'm interested to see how the team responds to JB.

GO ROCKETS!!!!!!