1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Espn Video] "Expert's" take on Rockets vs Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Riz, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

This Loser called "Jamal" talked about Kobe, LO and Lakers' "deep bench" but completely "forgot" to mention Rockets' starting lineup and our DEEP bench! Douche bag!

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3294596"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3294596" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This is from Friday, and it's been posted a few times on the board in different threads.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Mashburn? I dont even need to see the vid. That guy is a Rocket hater. Talking about a guy ruined by injuries, sour grape...

4. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Oh, didn't see it sorry! Lock it up!

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

What an effing joke.

Jordan Farmar, Sasha vuldlsdhic (whatever) and Turiaf? Yeah, super bench right there. I'll take our squad every day of the week. And Lamar Odom is the inside presence we can't handle? I'm assuming Gasol is out so Scola will me matching up with Odom. Good luck down low, Lamar.

I know it is popular right now to ride LA's jock but that team hasn't done a thing and seems to have more "ifs" than we do when it comes down to making some real noise in the playoffs.

6. scottlaw

scottlaw Rookie

Am I the only one here thinks Rick Carlisle and Jim Carey may be separated at birth?

Who cares what Jamal has to say? Lamar Odom, "unstoppable"???

This guy has no clue. Majority of postes here can give much better analysis than him. He is too dumb he cant even plagiarize, given there are gazillion NBA blogs he can read for free.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You're assuming he can read.

8. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

if u guys look closely jamal mashburn blinked like a million times before he finished his comment :eek: !!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!! thats is the only reason he retired so early because he has a blinking problem! :eek: jamal fix your eyes before you start hating on the rockets! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You guys still don't believe BSPN draws straws on this type of coverage to "balance" things out?

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

So in this point/counterpoint-style look at the game, the guy who's supposedly FOR the Rockets (Carlysle) gives us "a puncher's chance" -- meaning we might get LUCKY and beat the Lakers. :rolleyes:

11. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

You got it all wrong. He talks with his eyes :D . Watch it again and his eyes blink eerily close to when the words come out......

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Mashburn is not an analyst and don't know what he's talking about. He said Kobe is going to take it to Tmac....oh reallyy....like Tmac can't take it to Kobe?? First of all, he failed to see that it it Shane Battier that guard Kobe not Tmac. And he failed to see that Tmac can be just unstoppable as Kobe. And he failed to see that Houston can destroyed LA if they're clicking on all cylinders...but if they play like their last two games, they're going to lose.

13. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

I used to respect a big three "J" back in the good old day with Jamal Mashburn, Jason Kidd and Jim Jackson in Dallas even though I am a die hard Rockets fan. Now I know that Jamal is just as stupid as Charles just have to open a big mouth and end up try to swallow all his words. These kind of people not make you mad jus make you feel sorry for them. But at least Charles was funny.

14. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

Mashburn is just mad because he predicted our streak to end when we played the hornets last time, oh yeah and the time before that. I guess he has egg on his face. Its kinda sad how egotistical the national media is in regards to how they never want to admit there wrong. I mean is just basketball, no one expects you to be accurate all the time. Anyway I guess Im trying to say SCREW U MASHBURN. I get you confused with Glen Robinson anyways!

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Man Jamal Mashburn is a real Rockets' hater. Why did they even ask him? He has no respect for a team that has won 21 in a row. Of course we may lose, this will be so tough game but you cannot say Lakers have Odom, great deep bench and Rockets don't. It is just hilarious. This will be very close game, both teams can win this battle cause now with Yao out for Houston and Gasol out for LA they are very similar team.

You've got McGrady vs. Kobe, you've got Fisher against Rafer. Radmanovic against Battier who will have their time at the 3pt line so I expect a shootout.

Gotta be a really game and you just can say something like Mashburn did.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

And again, we shut down Barkley and now we gotta shut down Mashburn and all those haters.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it was hard for me to respect the three "j's" in dallas when they never made the playoffs. hype, hype and more hype.

18. SladeRider

SladeRider Member

Lamar Odom an inside presence? I don't really see that to be honest. He is a guy that can slash to the basket but he is no guy I would want with his back to the basket, Pau was the Lakers inside threat and Lamar feed off him.

Scola and Dike should be able to cope with Lamar easly, would of been a different story if Pau was playing.

But it's a joke to say Lamar is an inside presence and esspecially one that is unstoppable for a team playing the type of D the Rockets have been playing.

Mashburn loses all type of respect with a comment like that.

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I agree. We would have problems with Pau just like we had with Okafor. But with Odom inside it can be easier for Scola to guard him. But I like Odom - on thing about him - he really plays good defense and is an active guy.

20. dookiester

dookiester Member

how are you guys getting riled up over this? the lakers are a much deeper team than we are, as evinced by the fact that kobe doesn't have to play 48 minutes for them to beat teams. let's be honest, our team is playing great but we're over achieving. its absolutely inspiring but our bench consists of bobby jackson, luther head, chuck hayes, and mike harris. LA's bench is sasha vujacic, jordan farmar, ronny turiaf, and radmonovic.

bobby jackson and luther head are our shooters, yet they shoot significantly worse than sasha, jordan, and radmonovic, all of whom are at or close to 40% from 3 and well above 40% from the field. these are all guys that can shoot from deep and attack the basket. chuck and mike are huge energy guys but aren't offensive weapons; bjax is a turnover or a brick waiting to happen and luther head is the streakiest shooter you'll ever find. i hope we beat the lakers but it won't be because we're superiorly talented; it'll be because we play team ball and we have incredible heart.