1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Very interesting Andre Johnson article!! No playoffs and he might want out!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by robroy77, Nov 18, 2009.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Link?

he has a contract and he'll live up to it, but I can't blame the sentiment...

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Link
    Do it for 'Dre!

3. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Just beat the Titans Monday Night.

If the Texans are playing meanigful games in December I think that is turning the corner.....

4. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

Ive been afraid of this for a while...Im going to side with AJ but I sure do hope he stays or that we turn the corner.

5. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

I'd support him no matter where he went as long as it wasn't the Titans. I'd support VY if he weren't a titan.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Best thread as any for this

Listening to 610's night show, they were discussing Jerry Rice's picks for the top five receivers in the league.

Rice's five

Fitzgerald
    Moss
    Wayne
    Ochocinco
    D Jackson (philly)

seriously, no Andre. just goes to show this guy playing for the Texans is still flying way under the radar.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think AJ is considered a top 5 receiver by most experts.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I might agree with RICE about his top receivers because Andre hasn't been an impact player this year as much as his whole career, but career-wise, he should be in the top 5 current receivers' list.

YOU SHOULD NEVER talk about wanting out of a team or let someone talk about you wanting out of a team until that team is DONE in the season AND WITH YOUR CONTRACT. When contract negotiations start, then that is the time to talk to the media and let your entourage say whatever comes out of their mouths. Until then, PLAY YOUR BEST, contribute to your team, and tell your entourage and no-name agents and relatives to SHUT THEIR PIEHOLES. :eek:

Andre, I love what you do for my team, sir. Please continue playing your best.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I would say more like top 2. Jerry rice isn't an "expert".

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Top 5 NFL receivers:

Larry Fitzgerald
    Andre Johnson
    Reggie Wayne
    Randy Moss
    Calvin Johnson

In that order.

NO T.O. :grin:

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

From Chron Twitter...

ChronicleTexans WR Andre Johnson denies an ESPN The Magazine report that he has a plan in place to force a trade if the #Texans do not make the playoffs.

ChronicleTexans Johnson: "That didn’t come from me ... I make my own decisions, and I plan on being here until I retire."

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Here is the link to the Chron.com story...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6732996.html

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Good for Andre, he is very classy. and still a bit underrated, he is one of the best WRs now, and getting very little respect.

14. theimpossibles1

Haha. If he has the endurance I say go for it. I think he could do a sight better than Chris Brown at short yardage back as well.

And "I want to play here til i retire." Can the man be any more of a hero?

Also the way he subtly pushes the rest of the team to succeed is awesome. “I just have to take my game to another level,” he said. “That’s something that I’ve thought about over this off week. I think we all have to in order for us to get to where we want to go.” A true leader by example.

15. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

One of the many reasons why AJ is my favorite Texan! From day 1 this guy just never seem to stop impressing me. The Texans should feel so lucky they have a player with AJ that loves this team through the thick and thin of things. He deserves multiple rings. Lol!