1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

espn (trueHoop TV): james harden is the new carmelo anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pentajigga, Feb 10, 2014.

1. jms99

jms99 Member

I don't think the best question is if harden is better than other players. I think the best question is HOW MUCH better Harden is compared to other players. He's not good enough that you won't see some other young players overtake him in the next several years.

2. rocketblood713

3. Omer

Omer Member

Skip Bayless says he fears Harden playing his Spurs more than Durant

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:10437003&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

the crazy thing about Harden is that he can get BETTER even as good as he is now.

mind=blown

5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Knicks’ Mike Woodson fined for criticizing officials over treatment of Carmelo Anthony

Old article but still how is he gonna get superstar calls if hes not attacking the basket.

6. rocketblood713

I like Skips stat he gave ....clutchness!

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Pretty much spot on. In before clutchfans calls them haters.

My worst feeling is that mchale is giving harden the steve franchise green light treatment which will make him worse.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We have the spurs number for whatever reason. I said it before, we can knock them out the playoffs easily.

9. jms99

jms99 Member

what's spot on? That Harden is so freaking fantastic that we'll probably win the first round of the playoffs? LOL.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Did you even watch the video? They showed him respect. They acknowledge both sides of the spectrum. The good with the bad you blind homer.

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

Both are no defense playing chuckers. Harden is still young enough to evolve from this label, but if he doesn't he'll just be another melo.

12. jms99

jms99 Member

Yes, i watched the video. They love him so much they believe he'll win the first round of the playoffs.

13. jms99

jms99 Member

You know who I also fear? Michael Jordan. I feared him so much I believed he would make it past the first round of the playoffs.

14. jms99

jms99 Member

i FEAR HIM!!!! he is LETHAL!!!! LEEE!!!! THULLLL!!!!!!

Oh, How lethal is he? How much do you fear him?

I fear him enough and he's lethal enough that I like him more and more to win the first round of the playoffs.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm curious as to what younger players your thinking off? Hardens only 24 and 120 games into being the number one guy on a contender. The only other player 24 or younger thats the number one option on a contending team is Paul George. Now I think it's very safe to say that the pacers play a very different style of play than the rockets while Paul George is their leading scorer, he's not the guy who initiates the offense and creates for others as well as himself. Lance Stevenson is the guy who gets the offense going for them and gets Paul George easy looks.

I just don't understand why you think players who our around hardens age but not as good as him now, will be better than him in a few years? Is harden the only player 24 and under who can't get better and improve his game?

Harden gets way to much flack he's proved to be a true superstar in the league and at 24 he's not even close to a finished product yet he's already leading the rockets to potentially a top 5 record by allstar. He's transformed the rockets from middle of the pack borderline playoffs team to hot desitination for a marquee free agent to come to (Dwight) and now the rockets are contenders one year from when he arrived. That's what franchise players do, they change the course your team was on and harden took us from rebuild mode to contender in one season. What more does he need to do? A lot.... but he's 24 really new to his role and improving every day.

1 person likes this.
  16. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

lol you can't honestly believe that Harden truly means that. It sounds nice but his play shows otherwise.

Kobe averaged 6 assists last season, a number Harden has never reached yet in his career. Harden is basically a poor man's Kobe, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

17. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Harden is better than Melo, but he'll never be a Lebron, ever.

Lebron is a terrific defender, and I think even with effort Harden will always be mediocre at best at defense.

18. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Assuming you're being sarcastic. Skip Bayless, lol...

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

As of now, Harden is the SG version of Melo... scorer who plays little defense. Leadership (lack of) is another similarity seemingly. Harden is younger and still has time to grow so time will tell.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Agree.