1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

espn (trueHoop TV): james harden is the new carmelo anthony

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pentajigga, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

Took 1 year for 'Bron and 'Wade to learn. Lets see how long it takes Harden. :grin:

I seriously think he got a lot of his bad habits from OKC. Thanks Scott Brooks!

2. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

The article is breaking anything new. The Harden Memo comparison has been making the rounds.

If we are in win now mode, we should trade Harden for Melo now.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

no way. Mchale broke him in the lazy way. Okc is a hell of an organization.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

People are so sensitive these days. Some of you guys act like the LOF except that you are sensitive about every Rocket player not named Lin.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think it's just that Melo has a much worse reputation from fans than from NBA people. Remember Morey once tried to trade the farm for Melo too. There's no basketball logic to hating Melo, but fans hate him. I remember going to the Bulls board during the Deng trade and many of their fans did not want Chicago to trade for Melo. It's apparently a league-wide hate.

That said, and perhaps this is my bias from not remembering the Denver Melo as much, I find Harden and Melo to have totally different games. And that they possess fairly different skillsets. I think Harden is more like Wade without defense.

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

You can't say that Harden is the new Melo because Harden attacks the basket and makes plays most of the time. Melo just shoots away most of the time.

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Melo is never been 6th man of the year.
    so Harden>>>>>Melo

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

This article was made for Clutchfans.

Barf.

9. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

True that. JR smith was 6th man of the last year and the year before Harden so was Lamar Odom.

so JR smith = Lamar Odom = James Harden

10. Nook

Nook Member

Rocket fans shouldn't be pissed at Thorpe, but at his editor... The title of the piece came from an ESPN editor... They did it for ratings ... Throw Melo's name in the title and watch the web hits come pouring in.

11. QuaDouble

QuaDouble Member

If Melo passed and more aggressively attacked the basket.

12. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

No Harden = No Dwight and hovering at .500. Ill take the next Melo if it means we get to play games in the summer. That is all a fan can ask for.

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

It's the specific comparison I take greatest issue with. A post-Shaq/pre-Big 3 Wade, or even Gilbert Arenas seems like a more logical comp.

14. texansalltheway

McHale is the sole person to blame for his bad habits

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Melo can only dream of being as efficient as harden

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It depends who the player is, I'd say Melo would attract his generation, Lebron, Wade, Paul etc, whereas Durant, Love, etc would be far more likely to go to Harden. And the reason is probably more personal than basketball differences.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden has to learn to trust his teammates to make the right play. When he learns to do this he'll find that the ball will come back to him more often and in better scoring opportunities. James is a great talent as I have said for a while now. He does things at his size that not many in the game can do and frankly not many in the history of the game have been able to do. He's a special talent that if cultivated right has the ability to reach Lebron and Durant level production for the rockets while making us true contenders.

We know harden can shoot 48% on 2s and 39% on 3s, he's done it before. We know he can score 26 ppg drop 6 dimes and grab 5 boards a night. He's played disruptive defense and gotten in the passing lanes. He just needs to put it all together and the truly will the rockets fly. As good as dwight is and believe me he's been great we need an even better James Harden to raise that trophy in June. It takes time to put it all together he's only been the man for 120 games and has a new superstar teammat and is not even 25 yet. I also think having someone like Dwight around is going to help harden in the long run, he's the one player on the team the can demand hardens respect from a leadership stand point. Howard plays the right way every night, iv only seen him take off maybe 3 games this season. He says the right things in the media and makes his teammates believe in what their doing. This is we're I think harden has taken a step back when he shoulda took steps foward with Howard. Lasts season harden was a much better team leader I thought he brought a winning attitude from the very first day. This season he seems to be letter Howard do this and just focusing on ways he can improve. He'll improve and evolve because we've seen him do all the things we want him todo and he's talented and smart enough to get it done its just a matter of when?

18. team5

team5 Member

The point here is that harden needs to step up and be a passer, defender, leader, take all the responsibilities coming with the superstar title and the man of the team... Otherwise he will not be better than melo! Criticism hurts feelings but helps you grow.

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I love Harden as much as the next guy... But, you can't argue with that.

20. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

60% and 5 assist per game vs. 55% and 3 assist a game.

Not the same type of player at all.